[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, I met an attractive girl and we have each other's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: going-on-a-date.jpg (25KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
going-on-a-date.jpg
25KB, 330x330px
Hey /adv/,

I met an attractive girl and we have each other's numbers.

I want to ask her on a date, maybe go somewhere to eat. I have a few questions:

1. I want her to pay her share at the place. I will not pay for both of us. Do I mention that when I first ask her if she wants to grab something to eat, or when we're already in the resteraunt?

2. Is a $$ Yelp place good for a first date?

3. What do we do after we eat? Do we just go somewhere else fun? Any cost-efficient ideas?

4. What time do I ask her? By this I mean 2 things: How many days before should I ask, and at what time of day?

5. What time are dates usually set up? I'm busy on Friday night with classes, so would Saturday night work? How late, like 6:00 pm to pick her up? We're both under 21, so it's not like we're going to go out to clubs and drink a bunch.

Thank you, /adv/.
>>
>>17744010
Also, as you can probably tell, I'm a kissless handholdless virgin who has never had a girlfriend or been on a date, or even asked a girl out.
>>
1. Depending on the girl, this might be her initial action. If you want to avoid awkwardness, consider saying something along the lines of 'hey, is it cool if we split the bill? I only have a card/insert cash amount here'. It goes without saying, but don't just outright tell her to pay her part of the bill.

2. If it's good, sure. You don't want to go TOO fancy on the first date, especially if you don't know where you're at yet. Just avoid fast food and go somewhere in the middle--that way if she's not your type you won't be out of too much cash and if you DO see each other again, then you can go to a fancier place.

3. Depends. What's interesting in your area? What do you like to do? I find grabbing a quick drink or playing pool or something is pretty fun, but it all depends on what's around you and what she's interested in. Don't fall for the whole 'meal and a movie' trope--you'll wanna do something where you can chat a bit more and get to know her better.

4. Just ask her when you see her--sooner the better. You want enough time to ensure she's free the day that you want to go out. For example, if you want to do something on Saturday, ask her on Monday or Tuesday, not Thursday or Friday.

5. Again, depends on her. Mention Saturday night and work around that. If she's busy that night, lock down some other time and place.
>>
>>17744040
>4. Just ask her when you see her--sooner the better. You want enough time to ensure she's free the day that you want to go out. For example, if you want to do something on Saturday, ask her on Monday or Tuesday, not Thursday or Friday.

We don't have any classes together and I only know her through a mutual friend. We've spoken for maybe two hours throughout the semester, counting today for maybe 10 minutes, which is why I want to make a move soon, since for all I know I could never see her again, since it is pretty random. Would asking her through text be alright?

Also, I forgot to mention that she lives like 30 minutes away from me. Would it seem desperate to ask her at all, since I'd be driving that distance just to see her?
>>
>>17744054
Personally I would call instead of text.
30 minutes is not far enough away for it to be desperate if you hit it off with her.
>>
>>17744010
1. you plan, YOU PAY. you pick the activity and the resterant 90% of the time a girl doesnt know what she wants.

2. not always, like others have said dont go too fancy but dont cheap out and go to mc dicks either. you know somewhere you have to sit down to eat.
3. try bowling: its a fun low cost activity. or a walk around the park. you dont want anything that you cant talk to the other person eg movies or concert.
4. usually a week before hand is enough time that way if something else comes up, you wont feel like you are rushing her
5. usually weekends, or friday onwards dont be afraid of mid week dates but those are for later on
>>
>>17744040
>1. Depending on the girl, this might be her initial action. If you want to avoid awkwardness, consider saying something along the lines of 'hey, is it cool if we split the bill? I only have a card/insert cash amount here'. It goes without saying, but don't just outright tell her to pay her part of the bill.
As a girl, I agree this is the best way to suggest this, but I'd still be put off a little. I am one to offer to pay halves, but if it is a date, I think the implication is generally that whoever asks the other out will pay the bill. I probably haven't explained it the best, but it'd probably leave a bad taste in my mouth, and maybe also make me think that it wasn't intended to be a date
>>
I've been convinced to pay for everything. Thanks.

But can someone answer at what time should I pick her up? I'm thinking of eating somewhere (not a fancy restaraunt or anything) and then doing something else fun and cheap (like bowling as someone else suggested) after.
>>
>>17744109
6-7 pm should be a reasonable time for dinner reservations.
You could also do something fun first and then go to dinner after, so you'll have something to talk about over dinner if conversation falls silent.
>>
>>17744109
Try 5 or 6ish if you want to eat first, that way you get to have dinner and you'll have plenty of time to do stuff afterwards unless her parents are the whole 'GET HER BACK BEFORE 8 OR I'LL GIT MY GUN' stereotype.
>>
Is it common in your area to pay the entire bill? If so, you should bring enough money to pay for the both of you and also hint at a more casual date, so you can ask for a split. Don't pick a very expensive place and expect her to be able to afford that.

Where I'm from it is rather common to split the bill, but I still expect a man who asked me out to offer paying for me on the first date, although I will probably decline.
>>
>>17744109
7- 8 ish but if you say 7 show up at 7. if you need some ideas watch that millionaire matchmaker show. try not to get food with garlic or onion if you do have some breath mints or chewing gum if you want a kiss :)
>>
>>17744128
Reservations? Is that expected on dates, or can I just go to some restaraunt that does not require reservations and does not have long lines or anything?
>>
>>17744138
Agree, though my personal preference is taking turns paying for everything.

It's just a bit cold/business-like to neatly split the bill when you're supposed to primarily be more than happy to spend time in each other's company. It feels a lot more festive and generous to me to take turns because clearly you are not fighting over one person not paying five bucks more than the other one.
>>
>>17744155
That varies wildly on how large/touristic your city is. If there's enough restaurants in close proximity so that you wont have to drive to a new restaurant if one is full/not to either of your liking, no need.
Still can't hurt to be safe though, might also be a good idea to inquire about places to avoid. Is she a vegetarian? Does she hate sushi/italian/whatever? That kinda thing.
>>
>>17744138
I don't see the problem with just paying for the entire bill on the first date, unless you go on first dates on more than a weekly basis or you're going out to do something very expensive.
Dinner for 2 is like what, $80 tops? Seems like a reasonable investment for a fun evening
>>
>>17744165
On later dates I like to fight over the bill :) Basically it's taking turns but more fun.

>>17744316
I wouldn't mind paying for a date if I invited the person either. However, here it seems to be perceived as more relaxed and casual to split until you get to know each other better. That way you don't "owe" each other anything.
I know it looks a little silly when you aren't used to it. I can easily see the point that you might enjoy spending money on someone you like so that they have a great time. But it can also come across as buying someone's attention (or more, trying at least) and we like to stay away from that.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.