[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got braces on lower teeth about 2 months ago and it looks like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: braces2.jpg (444KB, 854x1024px) Image search: [Google]
braces2.jpg
444KB, 854x1024px
I got braces on lower teeth about 2 months ago and it looks like they made my chin more receding (before that I wore braces on my upper teeth for almost 9 months and didn't notice any negative changes). In fact, it looks like my whole face has drooped a bit. The shape of my mouth has changed as well.

Is it something that they're gonna fix with those rubber bands later? I sure hope so. I still have quite a big overbite so I guess it will be needed.
>>
File: grid.jpg (152KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
grid.jpg
152KB, 800x800px
Did you take the picture with the same kind of camera/phone? Your head as a whole looks a little different which makes me think that you did. There's also more shadowing on the right one.

Dont worry, regardless.
>>
>>17743929
Wait, which is the photo before the braces?
>>
pretty sure its more likely the case that your teeth were straightened outward, thus pushing your lower lip outward, making it look like your chin moved inward (which i don't think is a thing that can happen).

if there really is even a difference. you also kind of look like you gained weight.

also why did you take a side profile picture before the braces? how did you have the foresight to compare these things
>>
>>17743942
Yes it is the same camera. What do you mean different?
>>
>>17743967
Look at the image in >>17743942
>>
>>17743943
left, sorry, forgot to specify
>>17743952
I don't know. I hope it will go back to normal and their plan for correcting my overbite isn't pulling my maxilla backward, but my lower jaw forward.
I didn't gain weight per se. It may be that I gained facial fat, though I don't look that different from the front.
I was just already a bit insecure about my profile back then, so I took photos. I got good feedback then though and it passed. Now I took photos again and it looks a bit different - even though the changes are subtle, I think they fucked my profile a bit.
>>
>>17743993
I will tell you that, in my opinion, you look much more handsome in the photo on the right due to the very slight changes. But I understand the changes may not be physically comfortable. Also, you don't look bad in either photo, don't stress about that - it's in your head. But I do like how you look in the one on the right more.
>>
>>17744008
Ha, thanks. Maybe the changes aren't as visible as I thought. To be fair I also had a short goatee in the pic on the left, while I trimmed it down recently, so maybe it influences my perception? Well, even if they did pull my chin back a bit I hope they will fix that back when addressing my overbite.
>>
>>17744021
To me, you don't look like you have an overbite in the photos. Also, an overbite is less pronounced when your chin is pulled back, so I'm not sure what you mean.

The more I look at them the more I'm unsure if there's really a difference now that I realized you do have a little goatee. Are you just worried about how it's making your face look? If so, don't worry about it, you're handsome either way.

And yes, I'm sure at least to some extent your perception is warped due to you worrying about it.
>>
>>17744048
Oh, I do have an overbite, or maybe more so an overjet.

> Also, an overbite is less pronounced when your chin is pulled back, so I'm not sure what you mean.
An overbite is usually accompanied by receding chin as the lower jaw is retruded. My top front teeth are a good distance ahead of my bottom front teeth; when I thrust my jaw forward so that the chin is more in line, the teeth also start touching each other in what I assume is a more correct position. This is what I meant by hoping they will pull my lower teeth and jaw forward to correct the bite.
>>
>>17744123
Ohh sorry, this whole time I was confusing overbite with underbite.
>>
>>17744132
Yeah man, I thought so. Either way I think it won't do harm to talk to my orthodontist about this.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.