[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i am very interested in manipulating people. anyone knows books/information/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: manipulate-puppet.jpg (123KB, 1233x1541px) Image search: [Google]
manipulate-puppet.jpg
123KB, 1233x1541px
i am very interested in manipulating people. anyone knows books/information/ etc. about reading people, manipulation etc.?
>>
Manipulating them to do what?
>>
>>17743473
I've encountered countless people who've tried to manipulate me or claim to be a sociopath. It all catches up to then eventually, and damn does it feel good. The key to not being manipulated is to not give the person the perception that you can be manipulated. I want to bitch slap your dumb ass, but life will do that to you if you continue down this road.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People

Worked for Charles Manson
>>
>>17743623
thanks
>>17743611
im allready rotten. people made me like this. i hate almost everyone and want to hurt them
>>
The art of Seduction and the 48 laws of powers by Robert Greene
Social Engineering by Christopher Hadnagy
Brainfluence by Roger Dooley
Influence by Robert Cialdini
Yes! by Noah Goldstein

And The social animal by Eliot Aronson, which is not exactly a book about manipulation, but it explains the social psychology in a very deep but easy-to-understand way, so it can be very useful.
>>
File: images (23).jpg (16KB, 227x200px) Image search: [Google]
images (23).jpg
16KB, 227x200px
>>17743631
>im allready rotten. people made me like this. i hate almost everyone and want to hurt them
>>
>>17743473

people who want to manipulate for the sake of manipulating fail at it.

you're the fedora edgelords trying to prove you're superior cuz of your intellect.

yet you ask 4chan for advice.
>>
>>17743666
>>17743653
this. you sound like a man child op. you aint no Machiavelli, son.
>>
>>17743473

most people who want to manipulate aren't objective enough to go through with it.

imagine if you will that you finally managed to get a girl to date you (i know, crazy idea, but pretend its possible for a second).

you'd go into it thinking that you manipulatedh er into it and she is just an object, a prize.

but five minutes into it you're like 'OMG SHE ACTUALLY LOVES ME THIS IS REAL' and it just becomes a normal relationship.
>>
>>17743497
A little bit of everything.
>>
this reminds me of one of my "friends". he is a manipulative person, he will lie and exaggerate things often to make himself appear as a genius. Most people believe him because they are plebs but me and my other friends have known him for years so we can see through his bull shit. he will make up shit like he got full marks on a mock master level engineering exam, and he claim to be getting 40k a year while he is only doing an apprenticeship. its so retarded, and he is so fucking edgy.
>>
>>17743703

thats not specific. this is why you will fail. you can't even understand that manipulation isn't some across the board concept.

you cannot learn one way to manipulate people to do every single thing. every act of manipulation is different. if you can't even break it down to what you want them to do we can't help you, you can't even help yourself.

this is how bad you're failing at manipulation already
>>
>>17743703
you probably dont have the charisma and charm to manipulate people, you seem too autistic.
>>
These aren't the droids you are looking for. Move along.
>>
>>17743717
>>17743720
Ok I mean like to appear dominate and not get bullied enough before i get to introduce myself!
>>
>>17743742

you're not trying to manipulate people then. you're just trying self improvement. big difference.
>>
File: received_1316974754992787.jpg (66KB, 720x1184px) Image search: [Google]
received_1316974754992787.jpg
66KB, 720x1184px
>>17743742
The four agreements by don miguel ruiz
>>
>>17743747
I want to be able to get information out of people through my dominance and get people to tell me what otherwise they would not and also be able to make people do things for me.>>17743750
>>
>>17743778

first and foremost, be dominant. the best way to manipulate people is simply to be believable.

are you big? are you worked out? do you actually lead? these are things you need to do.

manipulation is NOT pretending you are these things and then making people do stuff. its having these things and using it to manipulate people.

when it comes to getting people to tell you stuff they would otherwise not tell its a different approach. you do have to be approachable, so you should be charismatic and friendly. being too dominant and conflict with this, so you have to learn to find balance after you've established dominance. once you've done that you need to subtly convince people you are worth sharing secrets with, often by sharing secrets of your own. you can manipulate people by having a 'fake secret' you share.
>>
>>17743666
r/toomeirlformeirl
>>
OP is definitely an edgy Intellectual *tip
>>
>>17743473
act like something bothers you or doesnt bother you.
>>
>>17743473

Learn social skills.
Talk to cashiers. Use cliches.
Practise.

You cannot learn to manipulate, until you learn to win peoples trust, or get them to like you. For that, you need decent social skills.

Step two; don't manipulate.
More specifically, don't manipulate for malicious reasons, or do so sparingly.
Reputation is important and if everyone realises you're a sociopath, you're fucked.
Manipulation for the purposes of blending in and co-existing with normies is fine, it's benevolent. It comforts them if they think they aren't around a creep.
Manipulation for gain or abuse is not only wrong, but will affect your reputation.

Imagine a sociopath rapist. Everyone loves them and wouldn't believe they could be so harsh. Now imagine if they were called out, imagine if someone saw there Facebook and found all their old girlfriends use to be outgoing and provocative, but now all their pics (as few as they may be) are her covered up as much as possible, and quiet. Timid and scared.
A change like that only happens from great trauma, people would question it and that socio would be quickly outed.

>>17743788
>be dominant.

Is dumb.
There is a time and place for confidence and dominance, and a time where it is not needed or even useful.
Assess the situation. Do you need people to believe your plan? Confidence will work.
Do you need people to sympathise with you, and let you off easily? Then let them think they're in control.

Learn by doing and practising.

BTW, I'm not a sociopath, but I've spend 22 years watching someone who is.
My brother.
I'm an autist "creep" who's managed to blend in by observing him and stealing his techniques.
PS: Being able to cry on queue is one of the most useful skills in the world, even for a man.
>>
>>17743473
YOU DON'T WANT THIS. I was like this. I legitimately thought I stabbed someone after a night of drinking heavily, I still can't prove that I didn't and its eating at me. You'll feel awful. Please don't try to prove me wrong.
>>
>>17743473
Im not an edgelord like fucking OP over here but this stuff helps to know when you're using it on either people that you don't know or people that are expendable.

Just keep this in mind
>>
>>17743473
The most important skill for that would be your own charisma and intelligence. Your bitterness and motivation speak against both.

Theoretical resources wouldn't do you any good if you can apply them, it's basically reading about how to drive a car without every seeing a car.
>>
I want this too. The bitter truth is that I'm better than most people around me. They would all be happier if they listened to me, even if I wouldn't necessarily be happier for it. But I'm not a good actor and people feel instead by me and don't listen.

On some level, the general tenets of How to Win Friends and Influence People offend me. I shouldn't have to be a slithering slimeball to make people be their best selves. I grew up in a confrontational house, and I learned to improve myself whether I was offended or not. Not that it would be easy for me to acquire these tools, but I feel like I can't start the process for moral reasons.
>>
People like you scare me completely
>>
>>17743473
Not going to get into specifics, but I come from a long background of manipulation, both people and otherwise.

I'd be happy to share a few tools of the trade! First, though, answer a few of these questions and I'll help you out.

>Age
>Location
>Gender
>>
>>17743473
Hah.

>>17744601
PffffhahaHAHAHahahaha holy shit Christ.

The rest of the world is laughing at you, understand that.
>>
>>17744608
The one person who let me take control of her life was so much better off for it. Or maybe she just thought feeding my ego was the ticket to the serious relationship she always wanted.
>>
>>17744601
>The bitter truth is that I'm better than most people around me.
>They would all be happier if they listened to me, even if I wouldn't necessarily be happier for it.
>>
>>17744601
>I shouldn't have to be a slithering slimeball to make people be their best selves
>Being tactful and kind makes you a "slithering slimeball"
>but a rude, unlikable cunt with delusions of grandeur is something better than a "slithering slimeball"
>>
>>17743473

It's not very difficult, but prepare to be very lonely if you achieve it.
>>
>>17744657
I've known people who act this way because they want to be manipulative people and these tactics now rub me the wrong way. I just wish people would tell me what they hate about me so I can improve. I'm too graceless to figure it out by peoples' implications.

Whenever my girlfriend tries to use these tactics to talk to me, I mean, it kind of feels good, but my head now races with "what am I doing wrong," and, "what if she's just saying nice things right now to get me to be someone or do something that I don't want to be or do right now." Part of it's that I know she's read that book.
>>
>>17743631
>people made me like this.

You're just fucked up in the head. I bet you're a hypersensitive person who bristles at the slightest criticism or disagreement while frequently criticizing others and expects the world to revolve around you.
>>
>>17743473
To successfully manipulate others, you need to be far more intelligent than they all are. Since you're asking fucking /adv/, I suggest you just let go.
>>
>>17743473
I'm interested in knowing how to make an introvert talk with you and tell you all of his secrets and thoughts.

How do you do it? Most introverts just stay quiet and get scared shitless when you start asking general questions.
>>
>>17745820
Make a connection with me that I'm actually interested in and I'll talk your ear off.
Introverts just don't like time wasting, and most general questions are a waste of fucking time.

I recognize that general questions lead to specifics lead to connections, and skipping that first step makes things hard, but fuck it I can't be bothered to talk to people about our alma maters.
>>
>>17743473
Manipulation is only good on people you don't interact with almost daily. People build up a resistance to your bullshit once they realize what kind of person you are and it ends up backfiring. I have someone new at my work who attempted this shit soon as he got here. It worked for about a week and now he gets all the shit assignments and people ignore him when he tries to convince anyone of anything. They know his personality too well.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>i am very interested in manipulating people. anyone knows books/information/ etc. about reading people, manipulation etc.?
>im allready rotten. people made me like this. i hate almost everyone and want to hurt them
>A little bit of everything.
>Ok I mean like to appear dominate and not get bullied enough before i get to introduce myself!
>I want to be able to get information out of people through my dominance and get people to tell me what otherwise they would not and also be able to make people do things for me.

ITT: People responding to 100% grade A social autism.

Anyone who thinks they wants what OP is asking for is also 100% socially autistic, nothing more nor less.

Get a job and a life kids.
>>
File: 1466465256125.jpg (20KB, 478x484px) Image search: [Google]
1466465256125.jpg
20KB, 478x484px
>>17743680
You gave me a good firckin kek

Thanks pal!
>>
>>17745820
If someone asks to be left alone why can't you just leave them alone? Some people have some real shit going on, and they keep themselves reserved for good reason. Not everyone has the luxury of just spouting out all their thoughts and secrets to any friendly person that wants to know
>>
>>17745820
you have to be worth of our attention. you need to be a quality person for us to open up to you.
>>
Best rekt thread in a while.
>>
>>17743653
Lool
>>
File: 1477259910611.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477259910611.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>17743473
>>17743631
How can you not see how blatantly insecure and weak you are, op?
>>
This whole thread is hilariously pathetic.
>>
>>17743473

it can only get you so far.

by far the best way to manipualte someone is to manipulate yourself.

if oyu're fat, ugly, or just a general loser, you cannot convince women to sleep with you or interesting people to be your friends. thats not what manipulation is. it isn't a cheat code.

manipulation is using what you already have to push the limits of what people will do.

subtly planting the seed of insecurity doesn't work if you're not worth talking to.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.