[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some help, /adv/ I'm having a crisis, in the middle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: kitteh3.jpg (43KB, 564x1001px) Image search: [Google]
kitteh3.jpg
43KB, 564x1001px
Need some help, /adv/

I'm having a crisis, in the middle of a psychotic break, suicidal.

I've gotta hold out until my next counseling appointment on Tuesday.

I don't actually want to kill myself and have my family find my brains splattered all over the wall. That would suck. But I can't stop thinking about ending the pain, either, and I'm pretty unhinged right now. This isn't my first time to the rodeo. I've dealt with major depression and PTSD for years.

All the websites and crisis hotlines are like "tell us your problems, you have so much to live for, call social services and get help!"

Bugger that. I'm already wired into a support network, I just can't see anybody I trust until Tuesday.

Any tips for holding out until then? I've just got to hold out another 36 hours without doing any kind self harm bullshit.
>>
>>17742682
Well have you tried keeping your mind occupied? In some cases you can get into a trance were you get into a kind of autopilot mode when doing lots of work. If you can keep yoursef occupied enough to not have time to go down the darkness could that work?
>>
What do you like to do?

Go for a walk, try to sleep it off, go on a marathon of a fresh new show from 2016 (stranger things and westworld are good), order your favorite food, try to get through a programming tutorial, read a book you wanted to read at some point, start a language course on duolingo, download a video game you've been wanting to try for years, join a chatroom and get to know some new people.
>>
>>17742685

Thanks anon.

I've actually got a stack of books, and a videogame set up to play on my PC as a distraction. I put a puzzle out on the coffee table.

It's not doing a great job of distracting me, but I am trying to load up on stupid activities.
>>
>>17742687

Thanks, anon. It's the middle of the night where I am at, but I will try to go for a walk in the morning and maybe try out that duolingo thing
>>
>>17742692
No problem. If you want to talk just post here, I will check on the thread every now and then. Tell us how you're progressing.

One thing that helps me when I'm down before walks is to take a shower beforehand, use nice gels and lotions, and focus on looking as good as possible. Look hygienic, style your hair as best as you can. Put together a nice outfit. That way you feel good when you leave the house and have more confidence.

Post more ideas about what you like since the suggestions here are going to be completely random since we don't know you tho
>>
>>17742699

OP here. I've been sleeping poorly, but I'm feeling tired so I might try and catch an hour or two of sleep. I will check back in on the thread and post how things are going. I'll try to pull together some focus and talk about what I'm into, and what is helping.

Thanks, all. This at least gives me a project to work on for a bit.
>>
Which Tuesday, as in tomorrow? Dog you've got this, just try sleeping a lot. If you start getting into too bad of a mindset maybe vent some in this thread, letting all your problems out on paper/the internet can help a lot
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.