[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I currently live in Miami, FL and honestly I like it but I rather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1464109742245.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464109742245.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
I currently live in Miami, FL and honestly I like it but I rather live somewhere else and more comfy. In a few years (4+ years from now) I feel like moving to another state. I want to have my own log cabin and nice big plot of land, and I want to be able to do things like hiking, fishing, hunting, shooting, camping, and etc. Basically just some /out/door shit.

What are some things I need to think about?

First thing that comes to my mind is employment, I really don't fucking know what I could do as a job. I think I would need some sort of career or something at least.

Property could be cheap. Probably a few thousand per acre of land, I guess it depends where I go. A log cabin would probably cost like $100K to be built. (It's better to build your own home because fuck paying mortgage!)

This is where my second question comes. What would be a good state/place to settle in? Has to have some good gun laws, and not so strict laws for Marijuana.

A good thing about living like this is that it should be pretty fucking cheap! If I use a well with a pump then I wouldn't have to pay for water, if I build (or hire someone) my own house I don't have to pay mortgage and insurance.

How does this idea sound? I would appreciate some advice! Thanks a lot in advance.
>>
Lucky you im extremely into living off the grid.

>What are some things I need to think about?
Food water shelter thats it.

>First thing that comes to my mind is employment
If you are living in the middle of bum fuck nowhere this is both improbable and impossible

>Property could be cheap. Probably a few thousand per acre of land,
Think more like a few hundred an acre depending on where you buy it and if you are smart and go to county offices and ask about foreclosed land etc.

>A log cabin would probably cost like $100K to be built
Why the fuck would it cost this much? Use 100% recycled materials and it can cost you 0$

>What would be a good state/place to settle in
California, gun laws, cheap, marijuana abound

> If I use a well with a pump then I wouldn't have to pay for water
You most likely wont be able to afford to dig a well and if you did you arent guaranteed good water on your land. You will collect rainwater instead.

>How does this idea sound? I would appreciate some advice! Thanks a lot in advance.
Its the best fucking idea you could have ever had OP. Just git gud first and look into permaculture extensively before starting. Good luck!
>>
>>17741716
>Food water shelter thats it.
True haha

>If you are living in the middle of bum fuck nowhere this is both improbable and impossible
See that's the thing. You need a source of income, if not I wouldn't be able to afford anything or be able to do anything.

>few hundred an acre
That is cheap as fuck, I would literally buy as much as I can even if I just use a few of it. (The more I own the more fencing I would have to do)

>Why the fuck would it cost this much?
Well I wanted something very nice, I doubt I have the skills needed to build one myself. I want something with nice interior and exterior, something very comfy!

>California
>cheap
>gun laws
I have heard the opposite of this.

>You most likely wont be able to afford to dig a well
Is piping and paying for water monthly like normal be an option?

>Its the best fucking idea you could have ever had OP. Just git gud first and look into permaculture extensively before starting. Good luck!
Thanks good anon! I appreciate it. I need to do a lot more research, and save a shit load of cash.

Could you please tell me a bit of how you manage shit? Would love to here from someone that is in a similar situation that I want to be in.

Also why would you say it's a good idea? (It is, and I agree with you. Just want to hear some points from you)

Again, thanks a lot anon!
>>
File: 1464471389190.jpg (446KB, 1920x1272px) Image search: [Google]
1464471389190.jpg
446KB, 1920x1272px
Bump
>>
>>17741758
Hey its me the anon from earlier.

>See that's the thing. You need a source of income, if not I wouldn't be able to afford anything or be able to do anything.
Well legally you will be poor as fuck assuming you dont have like 1million in your bank account. You will qualify for government aid that can provide most of the food you need.

>That is cheap as fuck, I would literally buy as much as I can even if I just use a few of it
There is literally no demand for the sale of land in most places, like i said, county offices, foreclosed land.

>Well I wanted something very nice, I doubt I have the skills needed to build one myself. I want something with nice interior and exterior, something very comfy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s--V1U9sRLU money doesnt = comfy

>Is piping and paying for water monthly like normal be an option?
Rainwater collection is pretty much your only viable option.

>Could you please tell me a bit of how you manage shit?
I live a very simple lifestyle and buy bulk grains and beans to last me long periods of time. I throw raves on my land for occasional boosts in income. I am working on setting up permaculture garden beds next.
>>
>>17741949
>I throw raves on my land for occasional boosts in income
Do you ever do jobs and shit and maybe help out your neighbors for income? That could be a good option. Something I would probably do.

>There is literally no demand for the sale of land in most places, like i said, county offices, foreclosed land.
Yea in most of the united states there is so much unused land, most people are in the cities.

>Rainwater collection is pretty much your only viable option.
Fuck... I mean again it does also depend how remote I want to go.

>money doesnt = comfy
That is pretty nice anon.

I really wanna do this but there is some things that worry me, especially the water and work. I don't want to be such a poor fag honestly. I want to amount to something, not just say like well I lived in a shack for most of my life.

Also how the fuck are you even on the internet right now? Haha I need me an Internet connection.
>>
>>17741994
>Do you ever do jobs and shit and maybe help out your neighbors for income?
I have 0 neighbors for miles and miles. Those that are nearby i wouldn't approach out of fear of them shooting me before i could say hi. (methheads tweakers).

>Yea in most of the united states there is so much unused land,
Yeah exactly, you can even buy up whole ghost towns.

>Fuck... I mean again it does also depend how remote I want to go.
Rain water collection as fine even if you are in the middle of the desert you can harvest thousands of gallons on a relatively small amount of land.

>I want to amount to something, not just say like well I lived in a shack for most of my life.
Well you can continue to add new settlements to your land. You can also get others to move out with and and start an intentional community (another potential income/work source)

>Also how the fuck are you even on the internet right now
My land is shitty dangerous and cold as fuck during the winter so i move south until spring and stay with friends.
>>
>>17742013
>methheads tweakers
Yea haha it's best to stay away from those types of people.

>Yeah exactly, you can even buy up whole ghost towns.
Happens all the time.

>Rain water collection as fine even if you are in the middle of the desert you can harvest thousands of gallons on a relatively small amount of land.
Yea true. I could always get a water heater and shit for hot showers as well right?

>Well you can continue to add new settlements to your land. You can also get others to move out with and and start an intentional community (another potential income/work source)
Omg that sounds fucking awesome, don't know how easy that would be though.

>My land is shitty dangerous and cold as fuck during the winter so i move south until spring and stay with friends.
Where is your land located anon? Towards the Canada border or something? That is a good idea to move in with people for a while, shit must get lonely as fuck. I would like to live with someone else, could probably get a lot of shit done.
>>
>>17742032
>Yea true. I could always get a water heater and shit for hot showers as well right?
Yeah but i am really into the sustainability shit so i just use solar showers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PePTfpVsCQM You can make your own type of this thing very easily as well.

>Omg that sounds fucking awesome, don't know how easy that would be though.
Its easier than ever now since we have things online to help you start/join such a thing. You can even have it tailored to specific religious interests or like all nude or whatever youre into.

>Where is your land located anon? Towards the Canada border or something?
Northern California mountains near mt shasta.

>shit must get lonely as fuck. I would like to live with someone
I live their with my wife and sometimes friends of ours come to visit. The company helps.
>>
>>17742049
For the online thing a good website is www.ic.org forgot to add that.
>>
>>17742049
>Its easier than ever now since we have things online to help you start/join such a thing.
Yea true. There can be some issues with getting random ass people though.

>Northern California mountains near mt shasta.
Most be beautiful

>I live their with my wife and sometimes friends of ours come to visit. The company helps.
Shoot, you are lucky having a wife that wants to live the same way you do! Seems almost like it would be very rare.

I need to find me a gal like that lol.

>>17742056
Thanks! Gonna bookmark that.
>>
File: 1464473691141.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464473691141.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.