[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's my best friend's birthday soon >looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 784513669.jpg (498KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
784513669.jpg
498KB, 1680x1050px
>it's my best friend's birthday soon
>looking at gift ideas
>realized I have no idea what she wants
>we used to be BFFs
>both into gaming, animes, and similar music taste
>she moved for uni, and so did I
>we wrote snail mail for years
>one time she came to visit me
>realised we are not in the same league anymore
>she became so much more sociable, popular. I'm still this depressed NEET
>realized we haven't really talked for months since that visit
>stopped writing to each other because of some unrelated reasons

Should I just send her a birthday card? But if I start doing this wouldn't she do the same for my birthday? I only get presents from her on my birthday... I mean, I don't normally give a shit about birthdays, but still.
>>
>>17740418
Just cherish the time you had. No shame in acknowledging you are on different paths in life because she must know too. Why not keep sending a card every now nd then and see where it will lead.
>>
definitely look into your old messages with her to find some ideas of what she might like. if she doesnt get you a present this year then feel free to just get her a card next year.
>>
I'd get a gift that reflects your current friendship. If you don't talk much, don't get anything big. if you're worried she might not like your gift, it means you value that friendship enough to get a better gift.

i haven't spoken to my "best friend" in years. I grew up next door to the guy and if I lived to be 130 and someone asked me who my best friend was, I'd say "anon". Even though i hadn't spoken to him in 110 years. Gifts reflect present sentiment. Not past emotions.
>>
>stopped writing to each other because of some unrelated reasons

Did you get the feels?
>>
>>17740490
>>17740549
>>17740538
Thanks anons. I'm a bit pressed for time but I think I can get her something from the local shops.

>>17740560
Actually I think the desire to stop was mutual. We were both travelling quite a bit for a while, so we couldn't really settle for a fixed address to write to each other. Besides, after years of snail mailing we kinda just talk about that same stuff over and over again. If she feels like it we can probably write again after I send her the card.
>>
>>17740418

Oh man, that sucks, I feel for you. Don't have any decent gift advice though.
>>
>>17740418
Make something. A painting, sculpture, kitschy object, or whatever. Doesn't have to look great, just show that you put effort. Even if the object has no practical use, or if you guys further drift apart, what you give will probably be a nice momento forever.
>>
>>17741037
Seconding "make something". Even if you have no talent, throw together some toddler grade cut up construction paper and pencil cutouts of her favorite characters from the media you used to talk about.

It's ridiculously novel and way better than a store bought card, even if it's awful.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.