[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the friendzone thing just a meme, /adv/? I'm falling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5014.jpg (40KB, 488x357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5014.jpg
40KB, 488x357px
Is the friendzone thing just a meme, /adv/? I'm falling for a girl that I'm semi-good friends with, but all the talk of friendzone and 'missing the critical window to make a move' make me not want to ask her out. Is it impossible for friends to start dating?
It's difficult to know if she likes me back as she's a very warm and welcoming person to everyone but we have been getting closer.
I don't know, /adv/... what do? Just ask her out? Is friendzoning real or is it a euphemism for being rejected that has nothing to do with being friends? I sometimes think coming on here does more harm than good.
>>
>>17739710

It's a meme, if a girl doesn't find you attractive then you're technically friend zoned, but if she does then you will always have a chance with her, there is no window.

You guys went forward as friends initially for whatever reason so continue getting closer to her and see how things play out, I wouldn't just ask her out. Go drinking together, or smoke weed together or watch some movies, just put yourself in situations where if she did like you in any way something would happen.
>>
>>17739714
I guess I should do that. But doesn't drinking together kinda qualify as asking her out?
You don't think coming clean about my feelings would help?
>>
>>17739714

Unless she just started college and OP is "Plan B" in case she can't find a more reasonable guy by the end of the Dick World Tour.
>>
I say its a meme, because it usually comes down to a guy playing along, and getting stuck exactly in the situation youre in.

Just ask, if yes good on you, if no never talk to her again cause if youre still friends youll be her bitch.

But i do agree about the making your intentions known ASAP side of it, it reframes you differently and she starts thinking of you in a romantic way from the start.
>>
>>17739722
Well memed, friend!

Well we're not american so we don't go to college. Uni isn't as much of a fuckfest (sadly) and we're close to graduating.
>>
>>17739721

Drink in social settings, a party or a club or something. Or just gather a few friends for a small gathering and get drinks going.
>>
File: tumblr_n3k09aqwMM1rrwqs3o1_250.gif (1MB, 250x342px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3k09aqwMM1rrwqs3o1_250.gif
1MB, 250x342px
>>17739710
If you are in "the friend zone" then she doesn't see any relationship potential.

Women prefer a man with a career, who are confident and are good at conversation.

Let her see that you have these qualities but with other friends, co-workers and women. When you see that she begins to look at you in a different way... ask her out.
>>
>>17739744
See that's what I mean. Friendzone in that definition has nothing to do with being friends, now does it?
>>
>>17739710
>Is it impossible for friends to start dating?
Not quite, but almost. The problem is that they both have to start developing romantic interest, independently, at very close to the same time, or it doesn't work. This doesn't happen very often when there is preexisting friendship. That's why it's important to strike while the iron is hot.
>>
>>17739710
>Is the friendzone thing just a meme
It is a childish label used to imply you have a chance with a person, but you somehow fucked up, causing you to be banished to a fate of being their friend at best.
There's an overwhelmingly large chance that you didn't have a chance to start with, the only reason you could miss a chance is because she dates someone else or she learns that you are a twat and loses interest in you as a relationship prospect.
>>
>>17739710
there is such thing as the friendzone or brotherzone whatever but there is no window of opportunity you have to seize to have a romantic chance. When women meet you there are three categories. 1. How can I get this guy to fuck me. 2. Maybe if I'm really drunk, desperate, no one else around and I can get rid of him easily afterwards 3. Never in a million years, he's like a brother
>>
>>17739779
The problem with "friends" finally hooking up if both develop romantic interest, the guy was never the womans first choice and the first time she comes across a guy that fits her first choice criteria she's out and the relationship is done.

Whenever you hear we were friends first and you dig a little you will find there has been infidelity throughout. The woman will cheat and when it doesn't work the guy keeps taking her back.
>>
>>17739710
Oldfag here. Every single good romance I had, including with my wife, began as a friendship. We knew each other as students or co-workers, enjoyed each other's company, found ourselves seeking each other out to hang with, and eventually shifted gears.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.