[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is college really nessecary to make decent living? I feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Is college really nessecary to make decent living? I feel like parents keep saying go to college but never give an alternative other than military
>>
no
but you're limited to a blue collar trade, preferably with a vocational school
or start your own business
college opens up a lot of doors, it's up to you to decide if the tuition is worth it wherever you go.
>>
if you get a degree, you will always be better than those who dont have one. also the fun experience. you go and learn and interact with colleagues. hit the local bar.

for example a pharmacist makes 80k but a pharmacist technician makes 25k.

do you want to be manager some where some day? thats the best you can do. or you can learn to drive a forklift. easy money.

late 20s adults end up going to school for work program certificates at your local community college. they basically teach every job in your state.
>>
>>17739154
You absolutely do not need college and it would probably give you debt that you would feel pressured to pay off. That's a horrible feeling. It also traps you into NEEDING to find a decent paying job, which would add stress that is unneeded.
I believe stress causes cancer, so fuck that.
In my opinion, if you don't want college, good for you.
Spend that time teaching yourself something you want to learn. Or by doing nothing more than exploring and partying and learning about yourself.
Either way, you'll come out debt-free and as a more balanced human.
If that's what you care about attaining, at least.
>>
I really wish parents would stop trying to pressure kids to go to college. They're the reason why tuition is so fucking high. Worst part is most of them don't even come out with employable skills. Honestly, if you don't want to go into STEM, the healthcare industry, or work in corporate America, college isn't right for you.
>>
>>17739154
College is pretty much necessary for any "white collar" job, anything involving an office.

But the world will always need plumbers. And auto mechanics, construction workers, barbers, bus drivers, mailmen, electricians, truck drivers, cops, assemblu line workers, etc. etc. - all respectable and well-paying professions.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.