[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was pulled over tonight by a cop for apparently going 60 in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: download (2).jpg (11KB, 311x162px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
11KB, 311x162px
I was pulled over tonight by a cop for apparently going 60 in a 40, and I'm pretty sure he didn't issue me a speeding ticket but I want to make sure.

When he pulled me over I gave my license and registration. He could tell I was nervous for sure and I accidently even handed my insurance instead of my registration at first. He asked me a few questions, like where I'm going, if I'd been drinking, etc. I answered honestly, and really wasnt sure why Id been pulled over. It was dark and there were no street lights- if there was a sign telling me the speed limit was 40, I didnt see it, and the cop admitted that where I was pulled over the speedlimit had just changed to 55. Then he asked how old I was (21) and if it was the first time I'd been pulled over (it was). He looked at me, said "slow down," and tossed my license and registration onto my passenger seat. Then he got back in his car, I waited maybe 30 seconds, and I left.

He didn't take anything with him back to his car, and he didn't chase after me or anything so I'm sure he meant for me to leave, but now that I'm thinking about it some more I'm wondering if he could even issue me a speeding ticket without those documents in his car.

I guess my question is, did he let me go like I assumed or is there a chance I'm getting a ticket in the mail?
>>
>>17739077
Ur fine m80
>>
you didn't get a ticket. you won't get a ticket. delete the thread there's a good lad
>>
>>17739083

Ok good. I was worried I totally misread the situation and he was giving me a ticket anyway. If he didnt bring my license to his car, is it impossible for him to process a ticket?
>>
>>17739088

Bro you didnt get a ticket chill the fuck out. They have to hand you the ticket in person if they are detaining you in person (being pulled over = detained).

That shit is annoying as fuck and takes like 10+ minutes of paperwork, running your license, and then dealing with your dumb ass again. And then the cop has to do even more paperwork for it back at the precinct. And then risk having to deal with your dumb ass AGAIN if you decide to challenge it in court and force him to appear and testify.

In a nutshell they just cant be fucked to deal with such trivial shit alot of the time and will just give people a stern warning. Obviously you are taking his warning very much to heart, which is what he predicted from your nervous mannerisms. If you acted like you didnt give a shit, hed probably torture himself with writing a ticket just out of spite, but clearly that wasnt the case.

>tldr: YOU ARE FREE TO GO.
>>
Cop here

I forgot, i will send in the mail next week :)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.