[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need your input: >Work in an accounting firm (Big 4) >be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1400467607102.gif (2MB, 235x180px) Image search: [Google]
1400467607102.gif
2MB, 235x180px
Need your input:

>Work in an accounting firm (Big 4)
>be unhappy at work for various personal and work-related issues.
>bro-tier relationship with all my co-workers, specially my boss/manager.
>our team's "Senior A" is from another country/office, temporally working in our team.
>gotta wait 2 more years to get promoted to senior (almost mandatory 4 years of staff to get promoted to senior in my office/country, other firms promote you to senior after 2 years as staff)
>apply at another Big 4, senior position.
>they call me back and offer me a job, SENIOR position and a 20% salary bump, and I accept the offer.

Then when I was quitting and explaining everything to my boss:
>convinces me to stay, tells me to stop being an insecure whiny pussy (in nicer words)
>I didn't even get more money, just "more responsibilities"
>tells me that our Senior 2 will "leave" the firm and that I might get some of her clients (it's very likely that she will stay though).
>tells me it's impossible for me to get promoted next year with my current responsibilities, and because I have no person under my supervision.
>I tell him that I got no one under me because he never borrows me interns or new staff.
>he tells me that we both know we're short on people.
>tells me that I "could" get promoted to Senior next year IF I get a perfect evaluation/performance feedback on all my clients, even though no one ever gets a "perfect" score on their evaluations.
>I call the other firm's human resources lady, tell her that I reject the offer.

Cont next post.
>>
File: 1402294360838.gif (3MB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
1402294360838.gif
3MB, 200x180px
>>17737952
This happened like 1 week ago and I've changed a lot at work, like I'm more dedicated. NOW, what troubles me is that yesterday I was hanging out with one of my co-workers (he's a staff, and all the staff from my team are unhappy for the same reasons) and he had a very similar conversation with our manager and our manager told him that I wasn't ready for a senior promotion next year because I just got promoted to staff 2 this year (apparently he told our manager that I had more responsibilities compared to him, and that I was getting groomed for senior next year and he wasn't, which isn't true). His conversation was a day before the conversation I had with my boss.

I feel like my boss just told me what I wanted to hear so I didn't quit, and that realistically I'm not getting anything next year. I was thinking in calling the HR lady from the other office again, and check if the offer is still up. Would I be doing the correct thing? Objectively speaking, people that work at the other firm keep telling me that its inferior compared to my current firm (both Big 4), the problem in my office salaries and growth is considerably slower, but they train you a lot harder.
>>
>>17737952
>I call the other firm's human resources lady, tell her that I reject the offer.

You stupid fuck.
>>
File: 1444434373282.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1444434373282.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>17737961
Shit's too long to type it. I'm an autistic neckbeard and I feel like people like me, or at least tolerate me, at my current work, specially my manager and my co-workers.

It kinda scared me knowing that I'll have to start autism from scratch at another firm.
>>
You threw away the senior position you wanted and a twenty percent salary bump? What the fuck are you doing with your life? If your boss tells you to suck his dick are you going to do that too? Christ, I know they're your friends and all, but you fucked yourself.
>>
>>17737968
>autistic neckbeard
>or at least tolerate me

If that's the extent of your friendship then they're disposable.
>>
File: 1474145792208.jpg (37KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474145792208.jpg
37KB, 640x640px
>>17737973
>>17738003
Ok I regret having rejected the offer.

Do you think I should just call back. Pls respond.

>You threw away the senior position you wanted and a twenty percent salary bump? What the fuck are you doing with your life?
I wanted to grow in my current firm with the people I already like and that already "like" me where I'm already someone.

In retrospective that's kinda irrelevant.
>>
If they were your real friends anon they would have encouraged you to take the offer. Your boss used your "friendship" so you could stay with him so he wouldn't have to take the time and effort to find someone like you again.

All these ifs and coulds were a huge warning sign, Anon.

Any way you could get the offer back?
>>
>>17738016
>Do you think I should just call back. Pls respond.
Can't hurt.

How'd you get the job anyway?
>>
File: ritaline dispenser.png (200KB, 477x317px) Image search: [Google]
ritaline dispenser.png
200KB, 477x317px
>>17738018
>Any way you could get the offer back?
Yes, by calling and asking if its still open, which is a 10% chance,

I recall I kept nagging by boss before he convinced me to stay, and he told me:

>what else do you want from me, I already gave you a new client and I might give you more clients, I don't understand you

>All these ifs and coulds were a huge warning sign
You're right, there are too many "ifs", everything is an "if"
>>
What you should do is use the offer to bargain for better treatment in your current workplace if that's where you want to stay. Demand higher pay and people to work under you so they will take you more seriously for the senior position next year. He doesn't sound serious about it currently, but he doesn't have to be if you never stick up for yourself anyways
>>
>>17738034
I know it sucks, but you gotta remember your boss is your boss first, friend second.

Your boss seems to value your work tho, thats good! You should try and do what >>17738036
said and get a better deal.
>>
I sometimes thought about studying accounting in the US, but I'm not good with math at all.
>>
Never never NEVER take your current company's counteroffer. Statistically, you will quit or be fired within six months. Should have just moved up and took the other Big 4 offer. Let me guess, EY?

Damn dude
>>
>>17738074
>Let me guess, EY?
How did you know.

I'm not even from US.
>>
>>17738083
A lot of my friends are senior consultants for the Big 4. Just a good guess.
>>
>>17737952
>>17738084

>meanwhile I'm sweeping crumbs off the floor
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.