[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend got me flowers. I'm a little bothered by that.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: images (1).jpg (12KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
12KB, 189x267px
My boyfriend got me flowers. I'm a little bothered by that. I've never said I like flowers. It's like he just sees me as "a girl" rather than an individual.

Advice on how to handle this would be appreciated.
>>
0/0
Are you even trying?
>>
File: 1469242898525.jpg (30KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1469242898525.jpg
30KB, 657x527px
>>17737598
>it's like he just sees me as "a girl" rather than an individual.

What do you mean by this?

Also, it really isn't/shouldnt be a big woop. its just a sign of affection/kind-ness

if it really bothers you just tell him you dont like flowers, suggest an alternative like a toy/candy/clothes ect. .
>>
>>17737598
You should appreciate the gift regardless. He did go out of his way to give them to you. And maybe tell him more about yourself, cause afaik flowers are the gift you give when you wanna gift but don't know what to gift.
>>
>>17737598
"Thanks, but what made you think that I like flowers?"

Depending on his answer, your theory might be correct.
>>
Punish him by withholding sex
>>
You don't deserve him
>>
>>17737603
>What do you mean by this?
>>17737605
>cause afaik flowers are the gift you give when you wanna gift but don't know what to gift.

So you guys would give flowers to a dude? Or think that a gay dude would give his faggot bf flowers? It was clearly a gift based on "girls like flowers" thinking which is silly shit and indeed seeing her more as a "girl" than "an individual with individual preferences".

Not OP btw.
>>
>implying this isn't bait

Your boyfriend thinks it's a nice gesture. I mean, objectively speaking you're right, bringing someone dead plants is an empty gesture that shows no thoughtfulness and serves no purpose. But, with society being the way it is, gifting flowers to romantic partners is seen as an act of fondness and appreciation. It's seen not as a gift, but as an act and a declaration.

But yeah, your boyfriend is a dumb faggot for bringing you flowers and you're a stupid cunt for not understanding why he did it and being upset about it.
>>
>>17737618
obviously I was talking about gifting from man to woman, I didn't explicitly contradict OP's dumb complaint.
It's a stereotype, but it's not inherently harmful or anything, so I don't see why it should be a problem to anyone.

That's why I suggested she should tell him more of herself, so next time he can give her something more thoughtful. Hell, she could express the complaint and not look like a cunt if she does it tactfully enough.
>>
>>17737636
>It's a stereotype, but it's not inherently harmful
That's quite a contradiction, stereotypes are pretty harmful, and revealing that you think in such crude ways generally shows that the person is damn ignorant. It can be somewhat excused when you literally don't know shit about a person but when it comes to your SO is really a dumb as fuck move.

It was basically the equivalent of gifting your black friend a hip hop album.
>>
>>17737648
>>17737650
Yeah, I answer regardless in case the person really is that fucking stupid.
Benefit of doubt and all that.

Anyway, acting on a stereotype is dumb, but normals do dumb stuff too, so you're just jumping to conclusions.
Anyway, I'm done with you, bye.
>>
>>17737598
My god... this is so stupid think to complain about...
I broke up with my gf lately... And I can obviously see, that women are somethime expecting such a radiculous stuff... Many of us could rip our hear out from our chest for you... and seeing such a stupid freaking complain, makes me so pissed.
What so wrong about a flours, would you prefere to get a bottle of whiskey? But I believe it also would be a problem...
>>
>>17737685
>What so wrong about a flours, would you prefere to get a bottle of whiskey?
As her boyfriend, you should be able to tell pretty easy.
>>
>can't even give my GF flowers anymore
What the fuck happened to this planet
>>
>>17737685

>getting pissed over bait

gj
>>
>>17737701
Its bait.
>>
>Whaa I have a loving significant other that gives me affection and gifts

People like you should die alone.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.