[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any books about self-discipline? Jesus /lit/ I'm gaining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 54654512145.jpg (133KB, 1792x1080px) Image search: [Google]
54654512145.jpg
133KB, 1792x1080px
Are any books about self-discipline? Jesus /lit/ I'm gaining weight and making things I don't want to because I've become really anxious this week. Also I'm feeling with a huge lack of motivation to even practice the language I'm studying but I'm thinking is because I can't find anyone to be inspired by I just want do what I need to do skilfully and in track.
>>
Try the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius.
>>
just leave the house more
>>
>>17736702
Already read it and really helped me to get out of bed and to get some work done but now I'm feeling stuck.
>>
Discipline is everything.

Watch some of Jordan Peterson's YouTube videos. He has a good one about procrastination
>>
>>17736701
self discipline
as in you yourself are supposed to impose discipline upon your conduct
so start with googling a diet and/or an exercise routine
>>
What do you mean by "making things I don't want to"? Just curious.
>>
Sun and Steel by Mishima
After Virtue by Alasdair MacIntyre (kind of)
>>
>>17736703
I go out mostly every weekend (even though I don't really want to but it's necessary)
>>17736705
Thank you, this channel seems interesting. Got anything more related it?
>>17736707
By ''making things I don't want to'' I meant banal stuff. Feeling sick eating too much but still eating. Can't stop moving hands so I use them to mostly cut my hair. Taking transport that I don't even know, banal stuff.
>>17736708
Thank you, I find Mishima really comfy to read, and this book was on my backlog for a time.
>>
>>17736707
>>17736709
Are you a German speaker? Anyway, I think you mean "*doing* stuff..." Just a friendly usage tip
>>
>>17736710
No. so, what's the difference between doing stuff and making things? I thought it had the same meaning?
>>
>>17736711
making something is synonymous with creating. are you a french speaker? if you are, "make" is not as flexible as "faire" is.

when you see "make," think of a blacksmith, making weapons or something like that. making art, etc.
>>
>>17736701
Nice A Nos Amours screenshot.
>>
Try not being a bitch. Do you really need the equivalent of a self help book to do stuff? Fucking pathetic. Do it or don't. No other words will help you.
>>
>>17736701
I vaguely remember the ending of this film where the father tells the daughter "You'll never be loved truly"

......feels were had.

About your question. Try reading Orwell's essays.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.