[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As the title of this says, one of my best friends hung himself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

As the title of this says, one of my best friends hung himself yesterday morning at 22 years old. I don't think I'm going to ever forget the day this happened or the phone call I got from another friend when I heard the news. I knew him for 6-7+ years, lived with him, travelled with him. Always hung out with him. Here's the problem..

After I got the phone call with the news, I told her I'm on my way over to come see the friends group be with everyone. It's been about 36 hours since I found out, I haven't cried yet - although I've come rather close, lost my temper, broken down, nothing. Each person I know has cried, even my friends I haven't seen cry in years. Everyone is mourning and grieving his loss and I can't stand to be around it; not that I can't handle it... but it for some reason erks me.

I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me, it's like my mind won't accept it. I want to cry, and breakdown, and fucking snap. But it won't fucking happen. I want to grieve, but it just can't let myself and I don't know what the hell to do. I had an older friend that i grew distant with that hung himself 3 months ago, and balled my eyes out at the funeral. It's just like this time, I'm keeping myself from feeling anything. Like it never happened, and I feel emotionally numb. All that happens now is I've been getting really bad headaches, if I'm reading my mind will imagine how his mother found him and I just get depressed, last night was all nightmares, and I'm so tense I physically hurt.

Honestly, I don't know what to do. I just want to breakdown, but even writing this
>>
It's shock, may be?

How close were you two?

I mean, the fact that you're almost crying is one thing -- it's just you're holding it in for whatever reason. You'll let it out, believe me -- nothing's wrong with you. There will be a day, some day, when there'lll be some sort of trigger that make you bawl. You're not some aspergers or sociopath, don't worry.
>>
>>17736478

It's still very raw, give yourself time alone to reflect on things and think of the good times you two shared. It's not as if crying is something that needs to occur for the grieving process but you should still come to terms with things in whatever way you can.

Just try to remember your friend and what he brought to your life, what kind of person he was, maybe do something in tribute to him like get his favourite food to eat or play one of his favourite games etc.
>>
cying is not mandatory dude

maybe you are on help others through it mode or on first take care of bussines mode

ive seen people who saw war and didnt cry for 20 years. but the tears came evebtually
>>
Tears will come, eventually, trust me. Had similar wxperience with my dog (ik its a bad example for this kind of situation) which was my best friend since i was a little kid. My parenrs cried as hell all the time during his death-burrying him. I didnt shed a tear for the whole time. Its like 10years from that moment and every time i remember, i just break down and cry. U dont need to cry to be sad.
>>
>>17736478
Don't worry OP

Everyone handles loss differently. Sometimes people don't even cry when their own spouse or parent dies because they're in a state of psychological shock where they haven't even come to their senses yet and accepted that what has happened, actually happened

It's okay. Don't worry.

When you pick up an old video game or movie that reminds you of him one day in the future, after you thought you were over the topic, that's when it will happen for you, and it will feel like one of those life moments that you know will be memorable and significant. Because you're really emotional because you lost your friend

Sorry I'm high and super empathetic and probably just projecting. But don't worry OP
>>
>>17736535
I know that when my dad dies, I'm going to think...

Fuck. I always knew this day was coming. I've been dreading this my whole life, and now it's finally here. And I knew that when it happens I'd realize I wish I got to know him more than I did. And I didn't do it. And I'm shit

I need to change NOW. It can happen any day. Start realizing the truth.
>>
>>17736538
I know I'm going to think "I knew this would happen, I just didn't think it was going to be this soon. I still remember being a toddler and now I'm here, I'm at this point in my life, it actually happened like I knew it would but I didn't prepare"
>>
>>17736478

Dont force anything. Some people just don't cry when tragic things happen to them. It's as normal to cry as it is to not cry and don't let other people tell you that.

My grandmother died on my birthday and I didn't cry once, but obviously I was sad.
>>
>>17736478

*shrug* everything happens in it's own time.

Back when I was around you age, I had a friend who did something similar. He and about 5 others of us had formed a pretty close knit group of friends that had basically lived at one another houses every day since the 6th grade (the rest of us are still in each others lives, 15+ years later btw)

All of us were pretty smart and honors students, but this particular kid was a true genius. Easily doing deep post grad courses in his 2nd year at one of the most competitive schools, and still the number one student in every single one of his classes. One of the nicest and sweetest guys you'd ever meet.

But one day he just decided he was done. He found the most efficient, surefire way to create a lethal gas, drove out to a remote location, put a sign on the door warning people to not open the door and to call a hazmat team, locked the door and released it.

I remember the call I got on a Saturday from a friend telling me he'd been missing since the day before, asking if he'd been around.
I remember everyone looking for him.
I remember Sunday when I got another call saying he was found, dead.

A week went by and I was perfectly fine. So much so that I attended classes absolutely no problem.

But a week after, one day, I arrived at class and having sat down for all of two minutes, I just felt myself crack.

I calmly walked up to the professor, very evenly told him told him a close friend of mine just committed suicide and I was in no condition to be here, and asked to be excused, and as soon as he nodded his ok, just walked out.

To this day, I do not remember walking out that door, entering my car, nor do i remember the drive back, at all (15+ minutes). The next thing I knew I was sitting in my drivers seat,outside of my place .And as soon as I did I went in to my room and sobbed in to my pillow for 3 hours straight.

Grief hits people in different ways. It'll happen how it happens, when it happens.
>>
File: 1475570086780.jpg (640KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1475570086780.jpg
640KB, 1080x1920px
My mother died in front of my eyes when I was 20 and I didn't cry immediately after, nor for a few days.

I'm a girl, the type who cries when she is angry, which is frustrating.

A combination of shock and responsibility combined to make my emotional response delayed a bit, until I had time to process it fully I guess. I don't know.

Grief is individual, personal. No one grieves the same, and no single loss to you. will feel the same.

I am sorry for your loss, though I know that statement is empty and hollow sounding. I've had 4 friends commit suicide over the years , I hope no more do...
>>
>>17736478
I used to cry a lot young, now adult I can't for shit. Just think, if it has to come then it will
>>
>>17736478
Reality check.

Just a quick reminder that this story is not about you.
>>
Kinda stealing the thread to ask related question.

I also very, very rarely cry and I feel I need to let it out but I can't start.

Will alcohol while alone make it easier to cry?
>>
>>17736478
Sorry about your friend OP

But there is a difference between hung and hanged
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.