[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't do my customer service job anymore. I had to explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: anon'sresume.png (286KB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
anon'sresume.png
286KB, 1700x2200px
I can't do my customer service job anymore. I had to explain someone that ice turns into water when he asked for water and I pointed out an ice machine.

I need something I can do alone, preferably at home and self-employed. I'm not an artist or coder unfortunately. I can however build computers, edit video, write, and am a quick learner. I'm desperate to find something I don't dread.

I'm an autistic INTJ and even with disability, I only make $1200 a month. I'm in school if relevant; pic related is resume. This job is absolutely killing me mentally. Please help with suggestions, even if it's just telling me what you do for work and what you think about it. I'm super curious.
>>
>>17736398

Maybe he wanted water, not ice. You know about physical states of matter, right anon? I don't think you're as intelligent as you believe.

I think your problem, the "dread" will almost certainly follow you (because of that autism) no matter what you do. Nearly everything has a human component.

Work toward some empathy.
>>
>>17736398

>I had to explain someone that ice turns into water when he asked for water and I pointed out an ice machine.

Was this supposed to be a "can you believe that idiot?" remark? Because it just made you look like a stupid asshole.

I hope you get hit by a car, and you drag your mangled body to the emergency room and ask for help, and they tell you it's not worth their time because everyone dies one day anyway.
>>
>>17736408
>Maybe he wanted water, not ice.
Maybe he could get some fucking ice and let it melt into water.

>You know about physical states of matter, right anon? I don't think you're as intelligent as you believe.
...What? I never said or implied that I think I'm hot shit.

>I think your problem, the "dread" will almost certainly follow you (because of that autism) no matter what you do.
It's wonderful to have someone here who knows me better than myself just from a eleven sentence post on an anonymous image board. You think I had dread before this job? No, I didn't.

>Work toward some empathy.
I'm too empathetic. I genuinely care about my guest's problems and it stresses me out. You know what I did for the ice man? I brought him two bottles of water and four extra paper cups, one with ice, to his room. So fuck off, retard.
>>
>>17736409
Why?

I wasn't pointing to it. This wasn't face to face. He called me.

I said "I think we have some (room temperature) bottles down here but I'm not sure, lemme take a look. but you also have an ice machine on your floor by the elevator".

He said "I don't want ice, I want water".

I said "I'll be right up".

The time it took me to run up two room temperature bottles of water that aren't even for guests, they're for the office, along with four cups, one with ice, is more than enough time for him to get cold water from the tap, or get ice and wait for it to melt. Do you think I laughed in his face and condescendingly said "there's an ice machine over there, shitface"? I think context here matters. I went out of my way for this person and yet I'm the bad guy. The entire point of mentioning it, was that I don't want to do customer service anymore. That makes me human.
>>
I've worked in a customer service call center for a year before, and it was the worst job of my life. What I did was to go through the ache while heavily job searching. That took me two months since the start of the search.

So don't quit just yet. At one point of my life, I had quit a job that I burnt out on after working 2 years with decent savings. I was jobless for months, but the real stress wasn't me just being jobless. It was trying to find a job I really liked. There are endless cesspools customer service jobs everywhere, with the huge turnover rates despite okish pay. It sounds like you are getting paid only 7.50, so that is definitely not worth it. I'd say, find a job you will enjoy. Maybe try out a warehouse, data entry or office setting job that doesn't have you deal with constant BS.
>>
>>17736479
>>17736425
Did it even cross your mind that a large amount of tap water in many countries is shit?

And I don't think you've waited in a cup of ice with zero water to melt to an amount that quenches thirst. Or even one gulp.

Unless your ass takes 30 minutes to fetch bottled water. When I served tables in college I could do that in less than 30 seconds.
>>
>>17736511
>Did it even cross your mind that a large amount of tap water in many countries is shit?
He's American and we're in America.

>And I don't think you've waited in a cup of ice with zero water to melt to an amount that quenches thirst. Or even one gulp.
Then use the tap. A hotel has zero obligation to give you bottled water.

>Unless your ass takes 30 minutes to fetch bottled water. When I served tables in college I could do that in less than 30 seconds.
I'm not a waiter. I'm the only one in the hotel, 7am-11pm, over 100+ guests. Not too mention my actual night audit job that takes up most my night.

>>17736507
Thanks. I make $11 actually (Night Auditor). Asked for and got a raise recently. I'm part time however and half my income is via disability. I'm not planning on quitting atm. I love aspects of this job, but the drunk guests kills it for me. I enjoy occasionally talking to courteous people with interesting stories. I fucking hate drunk idiots who get irate with me that I don't have a lighter at best, and threaten me verbally and physically at worst. This is usually from people not staying with us. We're located in the downtown area, right next to a cheap and shitty bar that attracts scumbags. The majority of our guests are great however, as a contrast.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.