[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Hey I am almost set on going military or navy.which one has the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1476409559385.jpg (23KB, 376x395px) Image search: [Google]
1476409559385.jpg
23KB, 376x395px
Hey I am almost set on going military or navy.which one has the best benefits and would be most worth it.
>>
>>17736295

... Military or Navy huh?

They all have the same GI Bill there Killer.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't qualify for the Air Force and the Army is probably where you belong, no offense to them. Navy... maybe. The Marines will probably fuck your dumb ass up.
>>
>>17736295

Ask your question again, and this time put some thought into it. Like, where the fuck do you live, and what do you want?

>military or navy

Jesus...
>>
>>17736299
That's why I'm asking,all recruiters seem sly like one is better than the other
>>
it sounds that your level of intelligence is below even the lowliest army trade.
>>
>>17736305

That I can answer for you. The Marines are the best. (but "best" may just depend on your subjective opinion).

>>17736302

What do you want?

>>17736299

Answered your question about benefits. There are some things while you're in (Tuition Assistance) that depend on things you can't really control. If you're too busy, you can't take advantage of it. That can happen no matter which branch you choose and you will have no way to affect it.
>>
>>17736314

>What do you want?

What are you asking me for? I'm pointing out that it's hard to help OP when he gave us no details about his situation, what he wants to do, or anything. Hell, he didn't even say which country he lives in, and he seems to think that the military is a branch of the military.
>>
>>17736323

he was trying to agree with your question not call you out just like he pointed to the other post showing gi bill is the same across all service
>>
I live in us in central louisiana. I ask because I noticed that I need structure in my life.i want to say I have discipline as in I do what my boss tells me to the nest of my abilities.and i. Smart enough to have graduated highschool with a 3.8 gpa
>>
>>17736339

anon, listen to pops Anon here.

Your 3.8 GPA from Louisiana doesn't mean fuck-all. Your state, like New Mexico (where pops is from) and Mississippi, suck shit as far as education goes.

That's really neither here nor there, though - I just don't want you thinking you're more awesome than you are. You seem like a good kid, willing to work.

Listen to >>1773602 here - what do you want to do?

Finally... you do realize that there are more than two branches... don't you son?
>>
>>17736351
he doesn't know shit because he didn't even bother doing a basic google search. youre giving this slob to much credit, hed be just another burden on the system.
>>
>>17736351
I'll find that recruiter tommorow and ask for some kind of documentation or pamphlets or something to lay it all oit.thx guys night.
>>
>>17736339

>Smart enough to have graduated highschool with a 3.8 gpa

Then why are you writing like someone who dropped out with a 1.8 GPA?

I'm not picking on you for fun. You are failing to communicate, which hinders our ability to advise you.

All branches of the military will provide structure and discipline. The Marines are the most demanding, but the Army, Navy, and Chair Force will give to to you as well.

Decide what job you want. In the Marines, they're called Military Occupational Specialties (MOSs); other services have different names for it. Do not go open contract. Select your service based on the job you want. If you want the most discipline, go combat arms. Just be aware that most of those jobs don't translate as well as most non-combat arms jobs to the civilian world, unless you're interested in being a cop afterwards.

Seriously, do NOT go open contract. It is the fool's option. You will get stuck with a shitty job no one else wants.

Benefits are pretty universal in my experience. Your service and job selection will determine your living experience. For example, if you go Marine infantry, you can look forward to spending a lot of time shivering in a sleeping bag out in the field.
>>
>>17736295
/k/ usually has a military enlistment general or /meg/. You'll probably get more info there as it a fairly frequented thread by both active duty and retired members of one branch or another with the occasional recruiter popping. The recruiters actually give a lot of no bullshit advice as they get nothing by lying to you here, as they won't be getting you to sign under them.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.