[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck are people getting by these days? Am I really that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1311682718815.jpg (216KB, 450x555px) Image search: [Google]
1311682718815.jpg
216KB, 450x555px
How the fuck are people getting by these days? Am I really that stupid, or incompetent?

To me, it seems like your entire life has to be dedicated to your career in order to not be making only $30k a year with no benefits.

I am happy with working 40 hours a week, and maybe 5 extra hours a week studying something for the job. But everywhere I look, any job I come across, it seems to be the same: these jobs require you to be working 50+ hours a week, and then another 10+ hours learning something for the job, maybe another 5+ hours continuously networking, in many cases now even going back to school... and even then, there's a sense of "barely made a dent" in the workload, and "I still know nothing". Non-stop self-improvement, non-stop investment in your career.

I have been working 2 years in online marketing. I come from an IT background. 2 years later, I barely feel any smarter. I've been introduced to a lot, but when I look at other job postings, I still think that they all demand things I am nowhere's near being able to do.

I'm getting tired as I get older, but also more aggravated. It's a weird feeling.
>>
> 30 k with no benefits

How the fuck did you pull this sad sack of crap of a salary? I took a year off after high school and was pulling 32 k with full benefits at a factory insulation plant.

Get your shit together man that is pathetic.
>>
You could always move to a country where the workers aren't totally cucked.

40h? 45h? 50h? What the fuck, man. Why are Amerifats okay with this?
>>
File: 1394658266847.gif (551KB, 245x220px) Image search: [Google]
1394658266847.gif
551KB, 245x220px
>>17735940

>You could always move to a country where the workers aren't totally cucked.

Did you just use the word "cuck" to describe the work industry?
>>
>>17735936
I'm making more than that. Not much more though.

>>17735940
I have a strong work ethic. I hate irresponsibility. Two of the small businesses I worked at required serious dedication otherwise they wouldn't be around anymore, partly due to poor management but also due to the nature of their clientele.
>>
>>17735946
Seems to work fine with a tiny bit of fantasy. Your wife (employer) gets a nice, fat, black cock (the money you earn for them) while you just sit there, watch and clean up after them (work)

>>17735947
Which is a lovely attitude but for it to be fair, the business in question has to show appreciation for your efforts on the monetary side, and small business rarely do (and rarely can), so you're kinda wasting your skills and work ethic on them.
>>
>>17735928
>30k a year with no benefits
seriously?

>mfw i studied animation and i'm raking in 55k/year with benefits as a junior character artist and i just graduated in april.

even some of the shit-tier artists got 40 - 50k salary jobs; granted, their benefits aren't as great and they require some over time.

the only reason why it sucks to live on my current wage is because down town is expensive and i only like buying quality + aesthetic shit.
>>
>>17735984
How would you say you compare to other animations? Were you top of class? How many hours are you putting in now? Was it hard to get the job you're in?
>>
You can live fine at $30k, depending on the cost of living of your area. What do your monthly/yearly expenses look like to have trouble at that salary?
>>
this kind of thread always boils down to one question: can everyone who works hard make enough to live comfortably?

The answer is no. For everyone in this thread who is making a good living (or more likely: what they stupidly believe is a good living) there are literally millions of people living in abject poverty who are farming, fishing, working in factories and mines and etc in order to produce cheap goods which support the first world lifestyle.

Gristle for the meat grinder. Good luck out there.
>>
>>17736029
I live at home. Apartments are generally $750-2500 a month around here (and those $750s are serious garbage), hence why I'm still home. I pay about $600 a month in loans, I pay $250 a month to my parents, and another $300 or so a month in food (paying to order out for everyone on occasions). My situation is not terrible, I'm saving a little every month and still get to enjoy myself, but it could be better.

My real concern is getting satisfaction at work. I don't feel like I'm able to progress without throwing my entire life into my career. Can't relax much on weekends, or week nights.
>>
File: zzzzzz.jpg (347KB, 854x1086px) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzz.jpg
347KB, 854x1086px
>>17736018
>How would you say you compare to other animations?
not sure what you mean by that. if you mean what's my art like, pic related is one of my latest major paintings. a lot of the people in my year weren't digital painters (lots tried, but most gave up) so i don't really have a fair comparison for that, but i guess i won that category by default lol. i can't animate for shit, but i'm much more comfortable with design and i'm very flexible with style which is probably why i got the job i have now.

>Were you top of class?
i wasn't top of the class, but i was one of the better students. there was a glass display system that i got on maybe like 80% of the time. never won an award or anything, those went out to the more disney-esque artists who actually can animate.

>How many hours are you putting in now?
40 hours

>Was it hard to get the job you're in?
well...
they randomly scouted me on linkedin (which is something i check up on once in a blue moon), and it happened to be one of the biggest competing companies in the world, right up with facebook. i just followed what they asked of me which was a design test and a couple of interviews. then next thing i know, i get a free flight to venice, california
>>
>>17736125
That thing in her hair is pretty damn cool.
>>
i feel you anon. working 70 hour weeks and barely affording my car insurance. had to cancel health just to get by.
>>
Myyyyy niggah. Thank you. Im a biochem graduating next semester and I've been making 30k a year as well. I work for the EPA for fucks sake, government pays shit. Every job around my area and even nearby metropolises are all 30-40k for bachelors in biochem and even 4 years work experience in the lab. I feel so incompetent but I've worked hard made connections and gone nowhere with all the experience and connections. I understand you man.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.