[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >have $3130 in bank account >studies are free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: Qp2Forr.jpg (26KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
Qp2Forr.jpg
26KB, 511x428px
>be me
>have $3130 in bank account
>studies are free
>don't go out during weekends
>rent cheap as fuck

I feel like I should treat myself and spend around $1500. What should I get? Clothing, PC parts, flight tickets, whatever. Please share ideas.
>>
Wait why are you spending almost half your bank account? What is the purpose of splurging like this?
>>
you could buy 2 55 gallon drums of beet juice
>>
>>17735788
>>17735788
I never buy shit for myself apart from a second-hand guitar I got for $100 months ago. If I spend $1500 now, I'll make the same amount back in 2 months (I work part-time, 18 hours per week).
>>
>>17735819

Why not bump it up to 40 hours a week and make it back in month?
>>
>>17735826

>>studies are free
you sure I need to explain this one to you?
>>
>>17735819
don't be an asshole, the fact that you have some money doesn't mean you have to squander it right away.
wait until you find something you truly want and need. If you have to ask what you should spend it on, then it means you don't really need anything right now. If something comes along the way and you can't afford it later you'll regret being so impulsive. for example, do you want to rent appartments your whole miserable life?
>>
>>17735779
This is pretty silly, and I am somebody who bought the new Macbook for the keks (and the fun of opening boxes)

For one, 3k is basically nothing and even if you bump it to 4,5k in two months, it's still pretty low. You might get to a point where you'll really need money for whatever reason and it's fucking great to have reserves. Hell, maybe it's not even related to you but some friend needing help.

Other than that ... it's extra fucking stupid to spend money if you're not even sure what to spend it on. Are there things you ABSOLUTELY need? Go get that shit. Is there some stuff you'd like to have? Consider whether it'd be of use in 1-2 years, if the answer is still yes, go get it.

Now something like plane tickets is more of irrational, pure hedonistic fun, and traveling is generally good for you, so if there is a place you always wanted to visit, why the fuck not; just no need to go all out with 1.5k
>>
>>17736027
>Consider whether it'd be of use in 1-2 years
> if there is a place you always wanted to visit, why the fuck not
kek at this logic (everybody thinks the same way tho)
traveling is a waste of money imao. memories fade pretty quickly, I'd rather move to another country for a year or so if I really like any place abroad.
>>
I haven't spent money on myself in ten years. Happy as fuck anyways and I have the padding to help not only myself but the people I love if shit hits the fan.

buyin' shit just to buy shit is for girls and faggots
>>
>>17736050
It's like you missed the part where I pointed out that it's irrational fun, but sometimes we should do silly things like that, money without use is just a number on your bank account after all. (Obviously one should consider more rational cases first, but I pointed that out too)

Also I gotta disagree, still remember every time I went somewhere pretty damn well and I did that at least thrice a year for a bit over half a decade now. There are often cool experiences you can make and they can be worth more than any amount of cash. Depends on the person obviously.
>>
treat yourself to a roth IRA
>>
>>17736050
This.
>>17736027
You are pants on head retarded. Spending your money on a PC or clothing is more useful in the long run then going travelling. You just took a shit on your own argument after calling him "extra fucking stupid" for wanting to spend something on himself.
>>
I'll argue that traveling is much more enjoyable than a computer or a video game or new clothes or something. It's at least a unique experience you can look back on for the rest of your life, something new and exciting.

A computer? Just to play more vidya and shitpost? Eh, at least it has some other uses, but still... Clothes? Just buy what you need, no need for $1,500 worth of shit when you're just a student.

Honestly though, treat yourself, but don't arbitrarily spend half of your bank account. I make more than your entire bank account each month, and I STILL wouldn't arbitrarily drop $1,500 on something unless it was a major need.
>>
Treat yourself to a high-class prostitute for a few hours. That type of sex is best if you view it as something like physiotherapy or massage. Contributes to your wellbeing.
>>
>>17735779
nigga i got 20k in the bank and I start sweating when it costs $60 to fill my gas tank

poor people buy things that make themselves feel good

rich people buy shit that makes them more money

SAVE
>>
>>17736744
Travelling is pointless if OP is going alone
>>
>>17736798
Op here.
I live with my gf. I travelled with her to a couple places but now would like to try going solo. Im a loner and a social outcast so I think I might like it.
>>
>>17736868
In addition, I dont get why you all started panicking and shitting yourselves about the 1.5k. I work not to make money so it sits in my bank account. I make money which will provide me with some sort of opportunities and allow me to enjoy myself more.
>>
You are poor. You should only start thinking about spending some of your extra money when you have 15.000 as backup on your bank account.
>>
>>17736906
I know Im poor but Im a student, dont get financial help from parents and I still have all the essentials to live normally. I though I should treat myself with something nice.
>>
>>17735779
Don't spend 1500 at once just in case of emergencies. Go get yourself a nice fitted shirt and pants for like 100.
>>
>>17736951
>I though I should treat myself with something nice.
Sure, nothing wrong with that.
There is something wrong with spending **half of your life savings** on luxuries. I have about 90k in savings right now and guess what. I wouldn't even think about dropping $1500 on "something nice for myself." I wouldn't even spend $200 unless I really needed new clothes or something. Why? Because I can't afford that shit. If I can't, you sure fucking can't. I have that 90k worth of freedom in the bank because I did not squander my wealth on stupid bullshit when I obtained it. Never forget that money represents freedom. It would take the average person probably 3 months to save $1500. Also, I can get better satisfaction going to the gym for a hot tub + sauna for $8 than I can with any nice clothes, flight tickets or other bullshit, and then i keep the other $1492 in my pocket so I can be free of wage slavery later on in life.

Don't be a typical idiot who spends all pf their money just because they have it and ends up in a wage slave situation.
>>
File: CeHKMxSW8AAy-PC.jpg (38KB, 600x369px) Image search: [Google]
CeHKMxSW8AAy-PC.jpg
38KB, 600x369px
>>17735779
Buy a vape to rip the biggest, fattest clouds.
>>
>>17735779
u make dat list, wait a month, and see if u still need em.
>>
>>17737174
You dont become free from capitalism and most definitely dont break free from being a wage slave by having money in the bank. You stack your money and imagine that you are free while you still work and bend your back for your boss 5 days a week. You can only feel free when you spend the money you earned.
>>
>>17737518
Good advice

Also not half your bank account mate. Max maybe 10% of your account.
>>
>>17735779
INVEST
USE YOUR MONEY TO MAKE MORE MONEY
seriously though. youll thank yourself later
>>
>>17738151
1. make money
2. buy real state
3. ???
4. break free from being a wage slave
>>
>>17738204
Is investing in Tesla worth a try?
>>
>>17738151
>You dont become free from capitalism and most definitely dont break free from being a wage slave by having money in the bank.
Except this literally is what you do, plus some investing, to break free of wage slavery. Not sure what to do but to tell you to google financial independence.
>>
>>17739053
You can die any day and you dont know when its gonna happen. If you have 100k in the bank which you made being a wage slave then I wouldnt call your life spent as a free man. You niggas told me in this thread to save up until I gave you some arguments and now youre telling me to invest. Kek.
>>
>>17738666
NO!
>>
>>17738498
this is wrong. buy land and guns.
>>
>>17735779
hookers
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.