[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backstory... Growing up my mom used to humiliate my dad. An

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: idiot.png (49KB, 216x216px) Image search: [Google]
idiot.png
49KB, 216x216px
Backstory...

Growing up my mom used to humiliate my dad. An example is that we'd go to a family friend's house and when we got home she would be mad at him and lecture him about how everyone thinks he's an idiot and a loser and how everyone laughs at him behind his back, that he's a joke.

She would threaten to leave him like 5x a month and she'd always pick a random favorite kid she'd want custody of but would punish him by saying she'd leave him with the rest.

She told him his mom didn't want him the day of her funeral. He was crying, broken.

She also tried to force feed us, hit us, and called us names all the time. She had weird requests, like once she decided that she had to watch me pee. It was obviously uncomfortable so I was confused and talked to my siblings. My older brother told me that this was all domestic abuse.

Anyway, on to the real problem...

I went to a psychologist for some issues and she asked me about my childhood. So I used my brother's words, that I experienced domestic violence, just to be concise.

The therapist didn't seem to think my stories were a big deal at all though, so I realized I was probably being a bit of a pussy. She told me I had to connect with my parents more but that I didn't have problems and so we ended the sessions.

Now I have flashbacks to that moment where I called it domestic violence and I keep feeling like such a pussy. I've started hitting myself with metal objects out of the shame of it. I get flashbacks to her "wtf" face from when I told her it was domestic violence or during stories and it fills me with loathing. I hear examples of real domestic violence and realize what a cunt I was. I can't read stories about real violence anymore it sends me into that state.

I wish I'd never said anything. I have nightmares about running into her again. What can I do to redeem myself? Will moving away fix it?
>>
File: IMG_7705.jpg (28KB, 345x365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7705.jpg
28KB, 345x365px
>>
>>17735322
ok, good for you.
>>
>>17735317
Sounds like your therapist was a cunt and you are now feeling like your dad. Even if it wasn't "domestic abuse" your mom was still an abusive, controlling cunt. Emotional abuse is a very real and harmful thing. Beating yourself up as much as you are for this is clearly signs of how your mom Fucked you up.
>>
Talk to a friend or a sibling or maybe even your dad. You could confront your mom about it but I guess that wouldnt help much, atleast stop harming yourself, it makes it seem like you only want attention...
>>
>>17735342
I don't want attention tho, I don't do it around others and I don't talk about it to anyone.

I don't want to confront my mom, idgaf about my past, I just feel humiliated by this encounter.
>>
>>17735317
No hitting people is p. much domestic violence. Doesn't really matter though, the whole thing sounds fucked up regardless of whether it meets some gay criteria.

>Now I have flashbacks to that moment where I called it domestic violence and I keep feeling like such a pussy. I've started hitting myself with metal objects out of the shame of it. I get flashbacks to her "wtf" face from when I told her it was domestic violence or during stories and it fills me with loathing.
This isn't because you said something wrong. Normal people don't do that shit over even serious fuckups. It's because you're messed up.
Are you generally scared of fucking up socially?
>>
>>17735317

Dude don't hit yourself over semantics that's terrible. I work in Child Protection and literally every fucking thing a kid encounters is labelled as domestic violence. Some will say it was some will say it wasn't, what matters is how it impacted you and it clearly has so don't feel ashamed.
>>
>>17735356
Yes. I stopped being able to interact with people when I was 12 out of shame, and am almost completely socially retarded as a result, I haven't been socialized at all. That's why I went. I refuse to go to social gatherings because of my retardedness, I have urges to hit myself after them.
>>
Sounds like the psychologist you went to was one of the crazy feminists that defend women's actions.

Consider finding a new one / male one and talk it out with them.
>>
>>17735370
It was just very shameful since I wasn't a kid being observed, I was an adult using that language about myself. I should've known better. But thank you.
>>
>>17735376
How do you screen for one who doesn't defend everything a woman does? Psychologists usually come across very SJWy.
>>
>>17735317
Your mom has borderline personality disorder or narcissistic personality disorder.
>>
>>17735853
Why do you say that? I just think she is way too sensitive to stress, gets overly stressed sometimes. Then when she gets stressed she behaves irrationally.
>>
>>17735317
Sounds like a shit psychologist. Get another one and another opinion.

You're not a pussy, your mom is a cunt. Psychologist would probably urge you to seek recompense and criminal action if the abuser was your father.
>>
>>17735976
Why do you think she was shit? I think she's just seen some shit through her career.
>>
>>17735356
>>17735976
hitting kids is legal actually and not domestic abuse unless it leaves serious marks. kids don't have the same rights as adults.
>>
It is very simple. Nobody who thinks they are good at their job will accept that a noob comes in tell them what is up. Your car repair dude will frown heavily and will not believe a girl coming in and declaring some compicated diagnosis of her car not working. A doctor will not believe a patient who comes in with a self declared disease she found because of the internet. You using a term used in psychology without having a degree, You automatically make her feel obliged to contradict you. That doesn't mean she is wright. It is a human counter reaction. When you would go to a different psychologist and you would just talk about all the things that happened without using medical/psychology terms. Big chance they will come up with the diagnosis and it will be similar
>>
>>17735317
That's a really unprofessional therapist if this really happened
>>
>>17737077
How would a professional respond?

>>17737073
Thanks
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.