[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mom confessed that she doesn't like my name. I asked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 31MRgX-9uRL.jpg (15KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
31MRgX-9uRL.jpg
15KB, 300x295px
My mom confessed that she doesn't like my name. I asked her why she chose it, and she said it was my dad's idea (but she had the executive decision in the end). My brother and I have the two most common names from the era we were born in, and they're really not bad names at all. Generic, sure, but not bad. She loves my brother's name.

But then I asked my mom what she would've named me, and she said "Apple".

How the fuck am I supposed to feel right now? I don't know if I should feel bad that my own mother doesn't like the name she gave me, let alone that she'd rather name me Apple.
>>
Fuck her opinion, she was going to choose a shit tier name, and she had to agree at some point to give you your name
>>
Your father fucking saved your ass.
>>
At least you don't have some weird ass name like mine. I hate my parents for this reason. Feel fine retard
>>
>>17734807
>>17734808
True dat but I still can't tell if she was being facetious or not. Apple is just such an autismo name. Like a name you'd give to a dog...
>>17734809
Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% fine with my name. I don't know why my mom dislikes it so much. Maybe she just doesn't like me, in general.
>>
A name does not define who you are.
>>
>>17734829
Tell that to Marijuana Pepsi Jackson or Tiny Kox.
>>
Can we all say our first names? Mine is Josh
>>
>>17734874
Sup Josh, I'm Hugh. Hugh Janus.
>>
>>17734889
Nice to meet you Hugh. I'm Annie. Annie Rection.
>>
>>17734893
Hey Annie. My name is Richard Payne. But my friends call me Dick.
>>
Fucking lmao
Tell your mom she suffers from autism
>>
>>17734897
Hi, I'm called Dr. Mike, but my fully name is Dr. Mike Hawkertz-Reelbad
>>
>>17734829
No, but it does define how people are going to perceive you. If you have a really stupid name, people are going to assume you're a bit weird. If you met someone named "Pilot Inspektor," you're probably more likely to assume that the kid is a weirdo before you think that his parents are assholes.

OP dodged a bullet because Apple is a stupid fucking name, made no less stupid by the fact that whatshername actress' kid is named Apple.
>>
The thing with names, is that while your parents are the ones that chose it, you're the one that's ultimately stuck with it for the rest of your life. As long as you don't have an issue with your name, your mom's opinion on that matter isn't terribly important anymore. If she's really intent on you being called "Apple," and you don't have a problem being called that, she could always just refer to you as that as a nickname, while still letting you keep your legal non-retarded name.

I'm in my 30s, and my entire extended family (immediate family, plus uncles/aunts, cousins, and grandparents while they were still alive) has not called me by given name since I was 3. And in my case, it isn't a matter of anyone disliking my name, it's just that I've had a nickname since I was 3, and that's just what everyone in my family calls me. In fact, some of my family members call me by variations of my nickname, so I technically have nicknames for my nickname.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.