[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Femanon here. My professor is going to fail/drop me from his/her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7174.jpg (34KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7174.jpg
34KB, 362x362px
Femanon here. My professor is going to fail/drop me from his/her class because of my attendance due to medical reasons. My dad last year died and I lost my house this summer because of it and I was homeless, he left me in debt too before he died. I was very lucky to find an apartment recently. This stress has caused me to have health issues with my heart and body. I had to miss his/her class 4 times because I was hospitalized during those class days. He/she will not accept any of my hospital documents for my absence and is failing me. My classwork involves blackboard and he/she drops my grade because she claims my parts of my classwork files are missing. I check them and they are clearly there. I'm doing all the work like everyone of my peers are doing. I'm an honor student (3.8 gpa) with near perfect attendance throughout my past semesters. I'm getting all B+ - A's in my other classes currently. Money is extremely tight and complicated, I can't afford to drop and pay for the class. I sacrifice food for gas to get to school(there is no public transportation). I have nothing and no family to help me.
>>
>his/her
what.
Go talk to the higher ups. His.../her reasons for failing you are not valid.
>>
>>17734333
Professor (not yours) writing here.

You have three choices. In order of preference

1. Speak to the professor. At the very least get the mixup about things in your file cleared up. Don't be aggressive or overly tear-jerking, but once you've got the simple errors fixed, you can say "And now is there anything I can do to make up for the missing work?" The combination of seeing that some of it was simple error and your reasonable attitude might move her to relax the rules a bit.

2. Drop the course and take it again next term. This might set your timetable back a bit, but that's better than a low grade.

3. If you REALLY think the professor is being unreasonable you can go to your adviser or the head of the department. But a sob story won't work there. You'd have to have evidence of prejudice, that she allowed other students make-up options she didn't give you.
>>
Talk to the dean. Your professor is being unreasonable
>>
>>17734333
Bring it up with his bosses and so forth in your academic department. Keep asking questions about it til someone helps you. Your professor is deeply in the wrong any reasonable person could see that.
>>
>>17734333
think professoranon's advice is more than enough for you right now, unless you run into more problems. Good luck and don't skip on food you can do that later when you are older like us and having the life sucked out of you by your toddlers.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.