[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm only attracted to exceptionally intelligent people,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

I'm only attracted to exceptionally intelligent people, or extraordinarily artistic people.

But they're so hard to find, no one compares to the guy I last fell for, for instance.

Physically I'm not too bothered, as long as they're healthy looking

How do I lower my standards? I can't seem to.
>>
>>17734238
Why would you want to?

Maybe try the internet. I've met lots of exceptionally creative/intelligent men through 4chan or omegle. You don't have to lower your standards if you broaden your scope. You have to be willing to engage with people long distance though.
>>
>>17734238
hey gal incidentially i'm exceptionally intelligent AND artistic

asl
>>
>>17734241
How do you meet people on 4chan?
>>
Not op, but i have same op's preference and have TRIED internet and most people i met are average peole who have emotional and average career issues just lookin someone to share and diffuse it
>>
>>17734238
Don't lower your standards. It never works.

Put yourself in the conditions to meet more intelligent men - online is an option, pursuing artistic or intellectual hobbies is another, going into a very hard academic career is an option too.
Work on yourself and become more attractive - both physically and intellectually. Work out, take care of your body, read a lot, learn a lot of new things, work on some artistic hobby, keep up with the news.
Work on your personality too, I noticed a lot of guys are attracted by how caring and domestic I am, and by my "sense of humour".
>>
>>17734242
26 , f
Yours?
>>
File: 1441518625104.jpg (705KB, 2126x1696px) Image search: [Google]
1441518625104.jpg
705KB, 2126x1696px
>>17734249
>>17734242
You can be more selective through contact threads on soc. My girlfriend has the same standard to the nth degree because she's an extreme outlier and that's how we met. We had lots of specific interests in common including lit, martial arts, philosophy, religion, trauma, etc. 4chan is definitely full of fucked up/shitty people and it's different for girls because you get flooded when you post your contact info. It's unfortunate because the people who lurk in those threads (like my gf does) are often the most interesting. I used to post specifying that I was looking for lurkers.

I recommend posting in costume as a male and listing all the things you find really interesting, making it a point to say that you're interested in people who are passionate about their interests, people who are creative, etc. This will allow you to filter all the dick pics, males lying to be more appealing to you, and all the other bullshit.

There are also groups you can use on various boards for interests. Like /lit/ has reading clubs (you can even start one), /tv/ has film clubs, /x/ has occult, religion, even a few actual cults that can be interesting to poke around.

I strongly recommend posing as a male if you're going to post though. Outside of being practical, it's also really romantic to reveal to someone, like you're playing a role in a Shakespearean play.

>>17734242
You kind of seem like a huge faggot
>>
>>17734246
/soc/.
99.9% of them are awful (and I'm not exaggerating, sadly), but there are some really cool guys.
Skype threads. Don't post, just lurk and see if there's someone who sounds nice.
I met three really cool guys through those threads over the last 2 years, with two of them I got really close and even met in real life. Both smart, one might even be your kind of intelligent guy (intellectual, into STEM, decent writer, very witty).
Sometimes ideal mate threads are good, but most of the guys are weird. Again, don't post.
>>
>>17734253
location is the crucial part tho. i can be the man of your dreams in western europe only
>>17734273
>>17734242
bully
>>
>>17734238
I am exactly like this, but I only make moves with very beautiful women.
I'd like to lower my standards as well, but I don't know how.
>>
>>17734238
Lol that picture
>>
I have the same "problem" but I'm a guy.

Most girls that share my interests are either ugly ones or fat, which I dispise.

Does /soc/ works for boys? I don't see many girls there.
>>
Intelligent in what kind of areas?
>>
I know location is important but this ain't gonna work out,
From middle east *cleans my new batch of homemade bombs*
>>
>>17734238
>exceptionally intelligent people, or extraordinarily artistic people
Define it. Is the semi hobbo who draws pictures and writes poetry for money artistic enough or does it have to be someone with a movie in Cannes? Does a guy who got his own successful company by 18 without help count or is solving the Vaught conjecture enough?

>But they're so hard to find
Only if you don't know where to look, which would imply that you're not very intelligent yourself and make the search worthless since none of them would be attracted back.

>How do I lower my standards?
That's fucking stupid, but you do have to consider whether YOU would fit the standards of the people you look for, and if not getting there first.

>>17734249
Well, your fault for rolling with the interwebz. Out of 100 people there will be 25 average fags, 25 school shootings waiting to happen, 25 horny idiots, 20 guys who think they are smart/artsy and 5 people who somewhat fit the bill.
>>
>>17734466
There aren't many girls who post regularly.
I usually prefer lurking and seeing if there's someone who catches my attention.
I posted my info a few times and got 40-50 adds on average, those who post regularly aren't usually the best people to talk to.
>>
>>17734506
They don't have to be successful, they just need to have the ability to have very clever thoughts about complex things like economics or art theory or politics or pop music or whatever, they have to think in a way that is on a much higher level than most people, but they don't have to have accomplished something extraordinary
>>
>>17734523
>They don't have to be successful, they just need to have the ability to have very clever thoughts

That's textbook 'Hollywood' intelligent, not real life intelligent.
>>
>>17734523
>have the ability to have very clever thoughts
By what measurement? Accomplishments tend to be a pretty objective criteria while otherwise it'd be down to you finding the thoughts clever, which is a subjective as it gets.

In the latter scenario the most promising way would be just getting to know many different people from your university/job till one stands out. For the artsy side even shit like deviantart, patreon and inkitt would work, thought you'd obviously need to shift through a lot shit and be interesting enough yourself to contact them. Book fairs, art galleries, exhibitions, youth orchestra performances and the likes tend to attract artistically inclined people too, as do jobs somehow related to all of this.
>>
>>17734537
Well I know one, and I fell for him
>>
>>17734539
Look, it's not a quantifiable thing, but when you come across it, it's obvious.

Think David Foster Wallace or Bukowski or Elon Musk.

There's a difference between artists and those who are truly artistic. In my experience truly artistic people are very rare. A lot of people write poetry but very few have a poet's soul and intelligence.
>>
>>17734542
If he's not trying to accomplish actual, tangible results with his thoughts (it doesn't have to be monetary success), then you should stay away. Unless you understand what you're getting into.
>>
>>17734523
Tfw having clever thoughts about complex things and most of my friends get offended when I express them because I make them feel insecure, or bored because they don't understand.
>>
>>17734547
>Think David Foster Wallace or Bukowski or Elon Musk.
All fit the "accomplished something criteria".

Do you really think you'd notice that Bukowski was "truly artistic" if you met him as a random factory worker with a drinking problem? Musk talks like almost every somewhat intelligent boy, if he didn't have shit to back it up, nobody would even care. And DFW was an average college kid.

If you think you have the skill to tell, it will be even more easy, just get to know people in similar paths of life the artists you like walked. Eventually there will be somebody truly artistic. Obviously they are rare but it's better to look for someone special all your life than settle for ordinary.

>>17734567
This could be down to you sucking at expressing these thoughts, or they are actually facepalming, or your friends are incredible retarded and the "clever" thoughts are perfectly average.
>>
>>17734588

>Do you really think you'd notice that Bukowski was "truly artistic" if you met him as a random factory worker with a drinking problem?

Yeah, if we got talking.
>>
>>17734588
Much smarter people than me told me that they are clever thoughts, and tend to turn out true. You may be right about me sucking at expressing them or them facepalming though.
>>
>>17734547
Op clearly have some FILMY SMART ideas in her mind , may she wakes up soon
Btw you are definitely a 10/10 using elon and bukowaski in one argument
*OP look here*
>>
>>17734588
Not OP but hey "how you doin"
>>
>>17734595
Well, then you got your solution. Talk to blue collar fags during their smoke break and eventually you'd find that one guy who is right. Then hung over one smelling like puke from last night might be it!

>>17734597
That's something but then again, almost everybody has clever thoughts about this or that. There is not much of a point to think clever stuff without acting on it.
>>
>>17734607
That's a pretty poor solution to the problem, not very effective at all.
>>
hello op you overlooked me already
now i feel a bit broken inside :(
>>
I don't know if I count as intelligent or not, it is difficult to determine depending on the subjective criteria of others, but I know a stupid number of subjects at a pretty high level, I tackle everything I want to myself and generally manage to get good at things very quickly and I'm kind of happily getting on with my own unique take on life. While I don't have a great corporate career I have a great job and a great work life balance and life in general works very well for me. I only have an undergraduate degree, but I'm very practical. I also play many instruments, some to a very high standard and studied music and composition. My life is very creative and filled with projects and interesting things. I'm tall, half build/athletic and I work out.

So if somebody like me might be your preferred sort of guy why do I love my girlfriend? That might be worth knowing for you.

She studied linguistics and continental philosophy at undergraduate level. She has a masters of arts in philosophy. She writes articles and publishes and volunteers and gives talks and things. She works a great job as a therapist and is a very driven and brilliant individual. Not only is she highly intelligent, but she is pretty unique and we share a lot of values. Our life together is absolutely great.

She compliments me and adds value to my life, she doesn't just come along for the ride. She is an active participant always surprising me and inspiring me and being supportive and lovely and as a result we both can do so much more as a couple.
>>
>>17734605
In the middle of replotting my second magnum opus that will totally be the Les Miserables of the 21th century, obviously.

>>17734627
It's doubtful that a more effective solution exists. You're looking for something very rare. We established that you don't think it's something quantifiable (which would make the search a lot easier since successful people stand out) and that you have the skill to tell it, so it's only logical to get into as many situations as possible where you can use your skill. Alternatives to pickle factories were suggested already.

All the online shit would lower the effectivity of your skill (since it's so easy to bullshit online) and be even less efficient due the amount of subpar (often horny) people on the Interwebz, turning it into pure gambling.
>>
Highly intelligent men don't usually go with intelligent women. Be more of a bimbo.
>>
>>17734632
Express it through art and she will notice you
>>
>>17734523
>Complex
>Art theory
>>
>>17734742
It takes skill to separate the masturbation from the nonsense.
>>
File: hehe.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
hehe.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>17734242
>hey gal accidentally i'm inceptionally intelligor and artismic
>>
>>17734238
Gee, I wonder who is behind this thread.

This is by far the laziest attempt I have seen to catch me "cheating".

Commmeeee ooonnnnnnnnn
>>
How much of a killer is lack of effort, OP (and those like)?

I toot my own horn. I am smart, but I'm also a lazy shit. Had plenty of chance to try and aim myself for a STEM career but I watched my dad growing up in a high-end gig at IBM and decided I did not want to live like him at all, settling for using revenue from rental properties to live with a low effort job or retire early so I can go back to focusing on electronic engineering and robotics projects. I also picked up automotive skills over the last three years, now I work (in the warehouse) at a large luxury dealership giving me tons of resources and opportunity to work on my project cars.

I guess the bigger issue is ambition, really. I lack it in most senses but I still intend to have a walking 5 meter tall robot before I die, just not a career like most people.
>>
>>17734653
Can I ask you why the hell you are on 4chan if even a tenth of that is true?
>>
File: 255N09218_73B5X.jpg (856KB, 2000x1230px) Image search: [Google]
255N09218_73B5X.jpg
856KB, 2000x1230px
>>17734238
go to /ic/

go to the "drawthreads" like >>2720144

Reverse image search the best paintings in there. or just ask who they are.

Google their name.

Check them out on facebook.

Message them.

Make sure you're hot.

Send pics of boobies.

Profit.
>>

You know why? Because you're nowhere near as intelligent as you think, and you repulse people who actually are.
>>
>>17734860
>>>/ic/2720144

I don't know how 4chan works....
>>
>>17734238
>I'm only attracted to exceptionally intelligent people, or extraordinarily artistic people.

My guess is that you are neither exceptionally artistic or intelligent, so you aren't around people like that. They aren't hard to find if you are in that scene yourself.

My best advice is give people a chance you wouldn't have otherwise and slowly get used to the idea of not exceptional people.
>>
>>17734879
>They aren't hard to find if you are in that scene yourself.

You... would be surprised.
>>
>>17734909
Not him but I do agree. Yes, there are still tons of posers but intelligent and artistic people aren't that hard to find if you're one of them.

>>17734653
Is a perfect example.
>>
>>17734238
>no one compares to the guy I last fell for, for instance.
And why didn't that work out op?
>>
>>17734466
Why would you want an intelligent girl if you don't even know how to spell despise? Are you just looking for someone smarter than you? If so, that shouldn't be hard.

That's the problem with wanting an intelligent partner, too many guys overestimate their own intellect.
>>
>>17734655
K
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.