[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When are the best times to make eye contact during a conversation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: rickyandmorty.jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rickyandmorty.jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
When are the best times to make eye contact during a conversation? Especially with women, I have this problem where I either make to much eye contact or to little. I feel like I come off as creepy and intimidating and I hate it.
>>
>>17734178
start and finish with eye contact, or while they start talking, or are making a point.
>>
>>17734178
Eye contact is best when listening. More more when you're listening. If you're speaking, you can let your eyes wander and keep making eye contact, but probably like 33-60% of the time. Don't try to calculate this as you're doing it. Just make occasional eye contact as your speaking and when you're saying something you think is important.
>>
>>17734178

Pay attention to what others do. I've noticed people look away from convos all the time, usually to let the other person rest for a bit or because they have someone they "prefer" when in group setting.

In one on one, let your eyes wander away every once in a while. Take advantage of loud noises to look away for a few seconds.
>>
OP here
What about with jokes? I have a weird sense of humor so when I joke people think I'm serious. Are there anyways subtle ways to assure them I am not being serious
>>
>>17734218
Ignore the typos
>>
>>17734218

Smile, and use the tone of your voice to convey sarcasm.

"Deadpan" or serious humor is hard for us socially akward types. Stick to obvious jokes and make funny voices.
>>
>>17734178
"Looking them in the eye" is really more a figure of speech than real. Most of us spend most of a conversation looking the other in the mouth, because we all lip-read more than we realize, whatever our hearing.

It means Look them in the face, rather than at your shoes or at people behind them. Some of it will be locked eye contact, but really not much and not for long.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.