[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend and I discussed adopting a cat quite a while ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6228.jpg (24KB, 560x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6228.jpg
24KB, 560x373px
My boyfriend and I discussed adopting a cat quite a while ago and collected him last night. He is a wonderful little thing, very affectionate and has already bonded with me in less than 12hrs.

However, when I think about the fact I now own a cat, I hit a state of intense anxiety. I'll own this cat for at least 12yrs. My partner and I have to consider him before anything else. All things I knew beforehand but I seem to be focussing on how this will effect my relationship.

I'm worried this is some kind of relationship development, that now we're on the road to being "settled" and boring. I love this man so much that I don't want things to change and unfortunately, in my mind, this cat seems to have fit the image of change.

I've been in relationships before where I've adopted a pet and the relationship broke down (on an unrelated note) and I think in my head, it's all connected.

Should I just return the cat and continue my life as it was before? I love my life with my partner, I just want to keep enjoying it without the risk that something will change.

It's like I'm suddenly panicking about everything.
>>
>>17733802
Its a fucking cat, having one does not make you senile, make you boring or force your current relationship to be more serious or change, it is a cat, one of the most low maintenance pets out there that couldn't really give a hoot so long as it is fed and warm.

Love that lil bastard, if things don't work out with him, say your farewells, but thinking a cat of all things will somehow be the spearhead of your relationships downhill is dumb.
>>
>>17733808

Thanks. I do understand how stupid it is to think this way - in fact I think the only reason I could be thinking this way is because I'm mixing together a few different issues.

I think the cat is very sweet, I have a few days off with him now and he has settled in amazingly well. I'm also used to owning cats so it isn't like the experience itself is new to me.

I just don't want it to be at a detriment to my relationship and in my head, that's what the risk is.
>>
>>17733816
It won't be, trust me, a lovey dovey cat does wonders to peoples mood, itl help you two if nothing else.

Relax, I get the paranoia, but the chances a cat would be a catalyst for that would, at a hypothetical best, be a single digit percentage, at best. Just love the lil bugger, and good luck with the relationship, hope it turns out well.
>>
>>17733802
Holy shit, it's a goddamned cat. Chill the fuck out. They are one of the lowest emotionally Maintenon pets. They don't give a shit about you.
If a cat is going to break apart your relationship, or the idea of a cat, you should just get it over with. Life goes on, whether you want it to or not. You cannot freeze time in a bottle, my friend.

You're thinking too hard on it. Just enjoy your stupid cat.
>>
cats are pieces of shit and give you toxo, the nu-male virus.

get rid of that faggot pet.
>>
>>17733825

Thank you. He is probably the funniest cat I have ever met, has a real personality. I've discussed it with my boyfriend and he feels very much the same, that it's fine and we'll be fine.

I just really don't want this to cause any problems.
>>
I've always had cats mainly due to the low level maintenance and because I have to travel often. Just full up the water and food bowls and it's good. Would have no problem getting a dog when life gets a little slower one day so to have more socializing time together.

Whenever I dated a girl, I'd take into account how she treated my cat or animals in general. If she didn't like it, stayed away or the animal didn't like her, I'd take notice and consider compatibility. If we got serious and she wants to pull some shit where I have to give up my cat/pet because of her, guess who'll be gone first. Same applies to people who have dogs as pets and then get into a relationship or get one while in one and decide to give it back. Strong relationship potential
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.