[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I came across a very emotionally manipulative 'friend'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 00-into-the-inferno.jpg (260KB, 2000x1056px) Image search: [Google]
00-into-the-inferno.jpg
260KB, 2000x1056px
I came across a very emotionally manipulative 'friend' who used me to get close to my friends. I am no longer in that social circle because I'm too old for girl politics. I haven't confronted the manipulator, as i decided to cut my losses and move on and make less theatrical/ more intelligent friends. The manipulator in question has been trying to get in touch via every social media outlet and messaging service I have. So far I have been ignoring her. I highly doubt she is curious as to what I'm doing. I'm trying not to read into it but do you think she's making sure I haven't talked to anyone about her behavior? If so I'd like to shake her up by not supplying her with any information. advice - should I block her, confront her or continue to pretend that I'm not receiving her requests?
>>
>>17733792
Guys plllls
>>
Aaah I don't miss being 13
>>
Ignore her she's fustrated your not effected by her shit. Don't be her play toy.
>>
Ignore. That will piss her off.
>>
>>17733891
she snaked me real goooood. I'm not in the same league of manipulator type. she almost had a threatening tone last time we spoke. emotionally manipulative girls are dogs
>>
>>17733792

Did she do anything? Like what has she manipulated your friends to do?

Or did she just want to get more friends?
>>
>>17733904
She pressured me to give my friends bad advice, trashed everyone and then pinned the blame on me when I was in a rut. pretends to still be my friend. everyone praised her for pushing me out, but i think people now realise shes a bit of a degenerate.
>>
>>17734003
going to follow advice on ignoring and not confronting her. I don't want to be associated with her. a petty leech nothing to offer other than gossip and preying on emotionally immature people.
>>
Sounds familiar. Girl I was seeing, her fatty friend was crushing on a guy at work. Guy used her on the premise of hanging out to start inviting the girl I'm seeing out. I tell my girl what's going on with the snake "oh no anon, that's not the case, he's so funny, stop being insecure". 3 weeks later we're over. Both girls are dumbasses for being naive. One thinking they guy actually liked her and the other for not seeing what was going on. Now she wants back with me, lol long term potential right there
>>
Reminds me of this girl Illy who would jump from best friend to best friend depending on what she wanted out of them. Breaking relationships apart, ruining reputations, ruining careers so she could get her vampiric needs met. Once you stop being useful or she claims your position (or boyfriend) in a social circle she'd cut you off. Months later messaging you in a fake nice way to let you know how everyone is doing better than you and "did you get help yet?". The worst, like someone else's kids soggy diaper.

I hope for your sake this person is just as useless as the girl in my example. Stop letting her in and she will shrivel up and die. If anyone brings her up either act like you don't know her or say you don't associate with her based on experience.
>>
>>17734099
sounds very similar anon. I even stooped as low as letting her think I thought she was was my buddy before ignoring her, just so she wouldn't get off on the fact that I've been pushed out and she temporarily replace me in a social circle i've outgrown. i'm genuinely trying to move on. I have to also control urge to be petty and mean.
>>
>>17734212
Me five years ago would have without a doubt gone the petty mean route. Now I've become more calm cool not giving a fuck. I lost friendships and ostracized myself the former way. Guess I'm growing up
>>
If you are having these problems it could be your judgement of personality is off (you're too naive). Read the book RED FLAGS - frenemies, underminers, and ruthless people by Wendy L Patrick PhD.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.