[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I just live off my parent's coattails forever? >mid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: it's too late.jpg (325KB, 2048x1313px) Image search: [Google]
it's too late.jpg
325KB, 2048x1313px
Do I just live off my parent's coattails forever?

>mid 20s, ex drug addict, uneducated, fresh out of jail with a lengthy petty crime record
>live with my parents, work a shitty job
>needless to say i've fucked my life up so far but it's not hopeless
>parents are retiring in a few years
>they will be getting over 10k per month because of their union pensions
>they tell me theyre planning to sell the house and leave the country to somewhere cheap and exotic like thailand or costa rica
>offer to take me with them since they will have extra money and i "could find something to do"

so the obvious choice is to take the free ride to paradise right? then i start feeling like that's giving up on my own road and succumbing to failure. it feels like id just be suckling off my parents forever which im already tired of doing but they insist that it wouldnt be a hardship for them. on the other hand i really dont want to follow their path and bust my ass doing a trade for 30 years which isnt even a sure thing for me
>>
anyone?
>>
last bump
>>
Whats there to think abou go with them
>>
>>17733694
You gotta go man. Try hone a creative skill like music production or painting. Your very lucky man I got no choice and my trade is not working out so I'm homeless in a year probably going to kill myself. Take the ride.
>>
>>17733694
You got tickets to Paradise you fucking moron, and you are asking if you shouldn't take it.

People who have suffered their whole lives never get a shot at this and would seriously kill someone for it, and a rich boyo who got sent to jail for petty shit gets it and hesitates

Go live your life and stop being a failure for once anon. If you go down again, you did it on purpose, and you know it.
>>
>>17733863
i didnt grow up rich, the high pension is a result of my dad working for 35 full years in a row. the problem is that ive been sold on the american dream pretty hard. i wanted a house and land which i could be on the road to getting by the time they retire. i cant see myself raising a family in some foreign country and how am i going to feel to have money and feel independent? am i just going to rely on an allowance from mommy and daddy? what happens when they die?

its all so uncertain. obviously its better than where im at right this moment but were talking about 2 years down the road
>>
>>17733875
Not like you can't just move back if it's shit.
>>
>>17733875
You got into drugs, don't act like you are innocent and this ain't apt punishment.

The american dream is what everyone wants you retard, it's universal, it doesn't matter where you have it, so long as you do.

Go with the flow, get a job, depend on daddy and mommy, suck it the fuck up, get qualifications, get a good job. The situation tells you staying in america will fuck you raw, elsewhere it won't, itl allow you to fix your mistakes and live a stable life.

Tickets to fucking Paradise, and you try to find ways to refuse it. What is your malfuction.
>>
>>17733896
Im not innocen,. I want to attone and make my dad proud. I want to stay off drugs get a job and be succesful. It just doesnt feel right making a commitment to mooch off your parents for an extended period as an adult. I agree the choice is obvious i just like to talk it through. Thanks for bothering to reply
>>
>>17733919
You are mooching because you cannot provide for yourself aptly yet, your parents are willing to do it and high chances are they don't mind it at all, if that's your only thing stopping you, that's a shit reason.

Go be a man anon, go redeem yourself, go fix your mistakes, even if you need to mooch off for a while, youl get a job and provide yourself fine. Make your father proud mate, go with them.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.