[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any times a person you're in a relationship with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Are there any times a person you're in a relationship with "needs space and time to think"? And actually means this in the literal sense, not some corney cliche breakup bullshit?
>>
>>17733601
I've had times where I've actually just needed space and time alone for a few days. It's never anything personal, but they always take it that way.
>>
>>17733601
Yes.
I needed time alone, my boyfriend needed it too. It was because we were in a bad place mentally because of external factors and wanted to deal with those things alone.
Sometimes we also just want to fuck off and not talk.
It was never about our relationship - when we had relationships problems we talked to each other.
>>
First off, that's completely normal. Sometimes life bites you in the ass and you want to collect yourself without any distractions.

Now how to tell someone that you need some space. Talk to them in person, you'll look like a pussy if you text or call them. Be honest and tell her the truth, make sure she knows that you need a few days and be descriptive when describing what's got you down. Finally tell her you love her and make that apparent. I've done this a few times and each time she's understood why I needed a break.

Best of luck
>>
>>17733601
It's not necessarily a break up sign but we need some context, anon.
>>
Yeah, I mean, if something's happened in their life, and they need to think about that.
Not everyone's big on sharing everything right away.
>>
>>17733650
I really don't want to get into it since I'm just now getting over it. Simply put, I did something to upset her, she then questioned if we were compatable, which then led to her wanting to take a break, which ended with her braking it off. She texted me today with this

https://youtu.be/d-rWvrldQt0

Slightly opened up, being more affectionate and says things she wants.

That sums it all up short and sweet I suppose.
>>
Page 10 bump
>>
I explained time and time again to my GF I needed space, and I was in a rough spot.

She never understood or took my request seriously, and I was never able to deal with my depression appropriately. So, I broke up with her after months of unhappiness and inability to get any time to myself.
>>
>>17734342
What was bathing you if you don't mind me asking. She only started telling me we need space after she got mad over something I did and questioned compatability
>>
a lot
i like to "disappear" for weeks or 1 month from my friends
its like i dont want to see anyone so fuck off
but i dont know i never had a gf
maybe id like to see her more often
>>
>>17734401
Long complicated story involving a breach of trust which I was still trying to recover from, which was in all honesty taking quite a bit of time for me, and I was potentially not ever going to get over it with her, but she sure wasn't giving me the chance.

One time she wanted to look something up on my phone when I was driving, so I handed it to her, and when she opened my browser it was on an article where I was reading with how to cope and deal with behavior, and she had to nerve to poke fun at it.

I'd been even further broken since then, and she wasn't looking like she wanted me to recover or something.
>>
>>17734410
That's fucked up man, it's one thing to make a comment about what you were looking up, but to joke about it and not try to comform or understand what you're going thru says a lot about who she is as a person.
This is why I don't like being in a relationship and opening up to people, you always end up getting hurt in the end.
>>
I'll never understand this "I need space" shit.
What do you mean you need space? You don't want a boyfriend/girlfriend right now? For a few days you don't need one? For a month you don't need one?

Why were you in a relationship in the first place if you let mental things cloud your mind so easily that you need to stay away from relationships for an X amount of time?
>>
>>17734652
Preach my dude.
I'm going to start looking at it as: if you need a break, you're obviously not in the right mindset for a relationship. If your mental disturbances are that strong that you're considering to end a relationship, you didn't need to be in one anyway. Like I said I'm basically over it even think it still hurts, but sometimes it's better to leave the broken pieces than to try and put them back together and get hurt.
>>
>>17733645
>because of external factors
Very important point.

If the "alone time" stuff happens due shit in a relationship on the other hand...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.