[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My roommate is threatening to kick me out on the spot with no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1477701332371.jpg (99KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
1477701332371.jpg
99KB, 680x907px
My roommate is threatening to kick me out on the spot with no notice and says she can legally do so.
I have been subletting here for half a year and she was threatening to damage my things if she throws them out.
Even though I am a subtenant, she needs to give me either 7 or 30 days notice to leave right? I live in Pennsylvania by the way (in case that effects any laws about this)
Thanks
>pic unrelated
>>
>>17733528
Are you on the lease? Does her lease allow her to even sublett to you? If not, just tell the owners and get her kicked out too.
>>
>>17733528
Ur sandwich tho
>>
>>17733528
Talk to the landlord, not us
>>
Why is she threatening to throw you out? This may matter.
>>
>>17733528
What did you do faggot
>>
>>17733528
If you are not on the lease, you have no rights. Period.

She can throw you out without notice, and if she doesn't throw out all your belongings as well, she can start charging you storage fees for leaving them in her apartment after you're out.

Them's the facts, so it is in your best interest to keep her in as good a mood as you can, so she might (though she DOES NOT HAVE TO) give you a few days' grace to get yourself and your stuff someplace else.
>>
>>17733604
She is planning on moving out soon anyways so that probably wouldn't phase her at all but thank you!
>>17734002
>If you are not on the lease, you have no rights. Period.
Not true. Even a person who has stayed for over 30 days at someone's house and pays no money to stay there has rights and is that point considered a "tenant at will" and even they have a right to a 30 or 7 day's notice to leave. (7 being if they have disrupted neighbors or committed a crime)
I don't see why if I have lived here and been paying for 6 months that I wouldn't at least have the same rights as an unpaying tenant at will who was originally just considered a guest
>>
>>17734029
Where are you getting your legal advice?
>>
File: tumblr_lixrr3jKtC1qa1t4co1_1280.jpg (157KB, 1280x731px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lixrr3jKtC1qa1t4co1_1280.jpg
157KB, 1280x731px
>>17734050
he's the best.
>>
>>17733528

Been in the same position but not in PA. Renters have a ton of rights, she is talking out her ass, she can't kick you out. However, don't put up with that shit, don't continue living with her. Arrange other housing ASAP and get her to return your rent prorated (or don't pay her any more). People who threaten others' stuff deserve to have their house burn down. I'd say if she's the homeowner, buy a box of live termites and leave them for her as a present, or piss in her shampoo or something. What a cunt.

Call the fucking police next time she's threatening you. Also try to get a recording.

>>17734002
>If you are not on the lease, you have no rights. Period.

This is false. Just by residing somewhere you have many legal rights.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.