[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live with my parents in a wealthy neighborhood but recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1448806.jpg (159KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
1448806.jpg
159KB, 1300x866px
I live with my parents in a wealthy neighborhood but recently there has been a lot of petty crime lately of people breaking into cars that are parked outside. I knew we should have lived in a gated community. Just last night our neighbors across the street had their truck broken into. Now I'm worried because the crime was never that close. I was awake all night and would have confronted them if I knew. We park our cars inside so we're good for now, but if this is happening now then armed robbers are going to come next.

My parents are very anti-gun democrats and refuse to buy a gun for protection. Even if we got robbed at gunpoint they are the type who still wouldn't buy one. How do I convince my dad at least to stop being a cuck and buy some guns? And how can I alert myself when criminal filth are in the neighborhood so I can kill them, or at least call the pigs to come do it? I'd get a gun myself but I'd probably end up killing myself with it at some point to be honest, so I can't trust myself with one
>>
>>17732603
You're the worst kind of person who could ever own a gun, because you would use it without thinking just to satisfy the hero complex that you desire, you will end up killing a relative or a dog walker.
Criminals are like foxes, they take opportunities when they see them
>If you park your vehicles off the road, they won't risk getting that close and being heard
>If you check your doors are locked, they aren't going to get in by trying the door
>If you don't leave valuables on the seat of your car, your windows won't be smashed so they could get your sat nav
>If you don't leave your windows open nobody will climb in.
>If you don't leave your keys visible from the doors/windows then robbers won't put a fishing line through and steal your cars
>If you have CCTV it acts as a deterrent
The best way to avoid being robbed is to not make yourself an easy target.

Thieves aren't working their way to your house, they are finding easy targets, they aren't bringing gangs in to roam your street and rape all the white women.
There's probably too many easy targets to rob near you to risk breaking into your house and taking your hentai body pillow.
>>
>>17732603
>but if this is happening now then armed robbers are going to come next.
I had to bump it to bring attention to this, it just made me chuckle so much.
>>
>>17732674
this.
inb4 it's a slippery slope
>>
>>17732603
I feel like I should tell you, with most crime there is usually less than a few people responsible for it.
Career criminals don't go from breaking into cars (a relatively safe crime for them) to armed robbery, they don't tell other criminals to move to an area, they don't tell gangs to come with them.
Where I live we had an epidemic where peoples houses were being broken into overnight, he was moving from area to area and robbing about 2 cars a night, he was caught 2 months later because the police had so much trouble finding him (no fixed abode), he was caught and sent to prison, then there was no crime.

Criminals don't tend to risk going to places that have any security system, locked doors or CCTV, hell even just a dog will act as a deterrent (barking brings attention to them) or a TV running will make them think someone is awake.

tl;dr you don't need a gun to feel like you will be safe, unless people start breaking into houses to rob and rape people.
>>
I have a friend who robbed a garage with a shotgun. He never really fitted in here. He had a knife collection and seemed a bit psycho. He damaged a friends car and needed to escape, so he flew to America, where he fits right in. He's got hunting friends, dresses terrible, looks unhealthy, and he got a redneck girlfriend too. He didn't really change anything about himself, he's just so American.
>>
>>17732603
If you're over 21 you can buy a gun yourself, but you should probably use the money on a security deposit and move out. If you're under 21 but over 18 you can buy a rifle but, again, you should probably be moving out. If you're under 18 its not your house and you should shut the fuck up.
>>
>>17732603
>Criminals are like foxes, they take opportunities when they see them

Which is the main reason I own and carry. Guns are an excellent deterrent. Nobody wants to get shot, least of all some opportunistic criminal. In the years I've been carrying I've had to draw once, but even then I didn't even need to raise the weapon before the guy was running like a he was trying to get on a Wheaties box. Pretty much everyone I know who has had a self defense situation with a gun has had the same experience.
>>
Get a cannon with a long string. Wait until they show up and scare the shit out of them. More for laughs
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.