[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with the fact that, as a healthy young man, you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 196860.png (267KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
196860.png
267KB, 500x382px
How do you deal with the fact that, as a healthy young man, you have an almost innate, healthy set of romantic and sexual desires that will likely not be fulfilled at any point in the future given your current state?
>these feelings are not good
>>
knowledge that at some point in the future your current state will be different
>>
>>17732462
By spiralling further downwards. It's not a solution but it's how I deal with it. I'm nearly past the young man stage so hopefully these feelings will die off one day, they make me so bitter.
>>
>>17732462
>any point in the future given your current state
What kind of shit tier logic is that? Your current state will change, it's up to you that the change is in a positive direction that allows you to fulfill whatever shit you want to fulfill.

Also the sooner your start, the sooner you'll arrive there.
>>
>>17732464
>>17732491
No matter how much I change things, it's the same anyway.

By the way, I'm not OP.
>>
>>17732508
>No matter how much I change things, it's the same anyway.
You might be not OP but your logic is just as shit. How can it be the same if you actually accomplish change? The only question is whether that's enough to change the situation, which isn't the same and in the end it simply requires more work on yourself.
>>
>>17732517
>I lift
>I eat well
>Im atractive
>I have friends
>Still a virgin

My logic is not shit, it's just that I have shit luck with women.
>>
>>17732527
>I lift
>I eat well
>Im atractive
>I have friends
All of this indicates that you're a somehow normal person, which is fucking great if you was a neckbeard NEET but not that amazing for the big picture.

None of the things are really related to what you want, and what you want isn't even clear. If you care about virginity so much, visit a hooker. If you care about an actual relationship, you sure skipped everything that could be relevant for one.
>>
>>17732527
>luck with women

I'm assuming you're american, and that's the weirdest place to date, with imaginary rules and pick up lines.

Ideally, you want to simply start talking about a common interest with a girl and go from there, stop pretending they're another species.
>>
>>17732534
What?

>>17732537
I'm not, I live in Argentina. Also I have boring interests or I can't talk that much about them.
>>
>>17732462
>these feelings are not good
If you say they're "not good", and you don't know how to cope, then they are not healthy, and you need help.
>>
>>17732539
well, that's the attitude.

If you think you're boring, you will be for other people too. Try the opposite.
>>
>>17732547
To think that I'm interesting or to try new hobbies? Which ones are interesting for the average person?
>>
>>17732551
No, shit dude, your hobbies are fine you are fine, but you'll never accomplish anything if not even you would spend time with yourself (if you relaly consider your hobbies/your person "boring")
>>
>>17732558
Huh. How do I change this, then?
>>
That's so sad. I wish I could give out free love and pussy to all of you.
>>
>>17732567
convince yourself that you are a grear person.
that you dont need to change the way you are for others.
what you do is the most interesting thing in the world, there's a reason you like it, isn it? People sound cute when talking about what they feel passionate about.
Repeat to yourself that you're worth anyone you want and nobody is out of your league, On the opposite, YOU need to find someone worthy of you, but of course, you can give them a chance first. Sorry if i'm not clear, but basically, you have to appreciate yourself, and show it.
>>
>>17732583
Your perspective is nice, the advice you gave me is one of the best I have got. Thanks, dude.
>>
File: 1465728235657.jpg (99KB, 743x800px) Image search: [Google]
1465728235657.jpg
99KB, 743x800px
>>17732583
going on /adv/ and finding actual good advice
>>
you make more money than others. Fuck em. you get a better career than them. While they are working at a store counter or shoveling snow you laugh. While they drive a piece of shit and can't pay the bills you laugh! That's what I did.
>>
>>17732462
I've kind of accepted it now.

28 years old, never been in a relationship. Never kissed a girl. Mostly because I'm not very social + shy. Horrible combination that makes you miss out on a lot of experiences in life.

Then again, women nowadays don't appreciate men. I might not be missing out on much.
>>
>>17732583
>convince yourself that you are a grear person
What if I objectively know that I'm a shitty person, and that I don't have the psychological capacity to ever become a good person?
>>
>>17733331
> I objectively know that I'm a shitty person
Prove it. List some of the shitty things you did.

>I don't have the psychological capacity to ever become a good person?
Even psychopaths can become a good person, so what makes you think that you're so special?
>>
>>17733337
I'm a shitty person because I'm completely useless to society and I have no redeeming qualities at all. No talents, abilities, or interests that benefit anybody but myself. And I don't have any internal desire to change, because I know that no matter how hard I try, I'll always be way behind the curve, so what's the point?

I also think I'm severely emotionally stunted, because the one time in my life that I became "friends" with a girl, I ended up getting so attached to her, to the point of obsession for months on end, when all she was doing was being friendly to me. She ended up getting creeped out and never talking to me again, and I haven't tried socializing with another girl since then (that was 8 years ago).
>>
>>17733411
> I'm completely useless to society
Almost everybody is. Hell, most people doing menial jobs actually slow down progress to automatisation, so even some "productive members of society" do more harm than good in the long run.

>No talents, abilities, or interests that benefit anybody but myself.
That's more problematic but abilities are learned and almost every interest can be turned in somehow beneficial with a bit of tweaking. Even something as useless as vidya and anime by writing reviews for example.

>I don't have any internal desire to change
Well, that makes you a lazy defeatist with a silly justification. Pretty much the key issue but hardly makes you irredeemable shitty, that should be reserved to people who actively harm others. You're just doing it to yourself by not trying to fulfill your potential. Even if you never step your game up to finally start changing by yourself; external reasons tend to do the job for most people. At worst you're just wasting time till you hit the point where you'll be forced to change.

As being emotionally stunted, the story with the girl and following reaction sounds more like a snapshot of your situation + thinking and the logical reaction given the rest. It's very unlikely to be inherent and unchangeable.

On the most positive note, you do have a reasonable level of self awareness (I know many, many people in a somewhat similar situation who lack it) which could be used as a perfect first step to improvement once you get over the silly idea that you can't change and become a great person.
>>
>>17733440
>As being emotionally stunted, the story with the girl and following reaction sounds more like a snapshot of your situation + thinking and the logical reaction given the rest. It's very unlikely to be inherent and unchangeable.
Yeah well I think it's had a pretty big impact on me and probably set my emotional development back even further, because now I assume that all girls are creeped out by me by default, so I just try to avoid them altogether. I actually did try going on a date through tinder a couple years ago, but it went horribly because I couldn't even bring myself to make eye contact with the girl. I think I'm legitimately just afraid of girls now.
>>
>>17732462
having sex with attractive young women just isnt in the cards for some people. once you realize having sex with ugly people still feels great you get over it.

at least you have internet access, speak english, and live in a decent country
>>
>>17733467
>I think it's had a pretty big impact on me
Definitely, which further impacts how you act and turns into a self fulfilling prophecy, making it very hard to leave the cycle and think differently. Basically a much more complex form of a kid trying to learn how to swim, almost drowning at the first attempt and understandable staying the fuck away from water afterwards hence never learning it.

The good part is of course that it's all in your hands (or well, head) to get out of the loop. It's going to be a fucking pain with even more potential setbacks and take a good while but it is doable for basically everybody.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.