[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you avoid having a rebound relationship after a relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1477249315179.jpg (21KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1477249315179.jpg
21KB, 320x320px
How do you avoid having a rebound relationship after a relationship has ended? What steps do you need to take and how long do you need to wait and what do you need to achieve before it's "safe" to start a new relationship after a break up?

Are rebounds necessary to fully get back into the serious dating game? Are casual "just for fun" type relationships the way to go?

I want to date my childhood best friend but I don't want to mess it up for obvious reasons.
>>
Give it time to get over the old chick if t was a long relationship and or messy breakup. Nothing wrong with asking out with friend and doing things so really see if you're compatible. Do go trying to kiss her first time out, control yourself or else you'll scare her off. Make sure she feels the same too and don't rush anything
>>
>>17732211
my rule is: sleep with at least one person before you start dating again, but don't date the person you slept with.
it'll build your confidence up while helping you regain control of your emotions.
>>
>>17733054
I try to avoid casual sex. I'm kind of faggot that way. Is there an alternative?

>>17733005
pretty sure the feeling is mutual. We seem to really enjoy spending time together and there's some tension, I think. Not sure if I'm imagining it though. Honestly we're pretty close. If we were together all that would be different would probably be sex.
>>
>>17732211
Give yourself and your friend time.
After you are both happy alone, date and be happy together. Don't date someone just because you are unhappy and can't deal with your loneliness.
>>
>>17733615
I know. That's what I'm trying to avoid. I just don't know how to ensure I don't jump into it too soon when it's a bad idea. hence the question.
>>
>>17733708
Work on your hobbies, volunteer, go to therapy if you need it, work out.
Improve your life till you are genuinely satisfied with yourself.
In the meantime, slowly get closer to your friend and see how it goes with her.
>>
>>17733708
You can't know it for sure. There isn't a "safe time" to start a relationship after a break up.

What you need to do is keep going out, meeting people, flirting with the ones you like. Don't hold back if you want to be with someone. But always, ALWAYS analyze your behavior. If you find yourself getting attracted to the idea of a relationship instead of the person in front of you, stop.

That's all there is to it. You need to know yourself and what you are feeling and why in any given moment. You need to think and not act rashly.
>>
>>17733719
>>17733725
Both very helpful and exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.