[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a low functioning major depressive, and am in the process

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Cu5RZmXVUAEcM7X.jpg (102KB, 804x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cu5RZmXVUAEcM7X.jpg
102KB, 804x1200px
I am a low functioning major depressive, and am in the process of getting diagnosed as autistic. My day to day life is extremely difficult, I cannot go outdoors, and basic household tasks are extremely difficult (I am very prone to catatonia)

My partner was struggling to deal with me, but we managed. This time last week my partner however was taken to hospital, now released, and diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. He now needs constant help and care from me, who is doing everything I can, and pushing myself to the max to do it.

The problem is, the diabetes is manageable, but it is his mood swings. He will now get extremely irritable, snap at me constantly, shout and swear over things that shouldn't be a big deal. He never did this before. I grew up in a physically abusive household, and these things are deeply triggering for me. But as I sit motionless recovering from these things, he could have a hypo because he's forgotten to eat or injected the wrong amount of insulin.

It is only several days into this diabetes and already we are both at breaking point. I have been dating him for 3 years and we planned to get engaged this year. I do not want ot leave him. But I have no idea what to do. I have no family, or parents or anything like that to turn to
>>
There's no food in the house and its pitch black outside. I can't go out alone especially at night because I can zone out and walk in front of cars. My partner has been in bed all day, and can't go out because his blood sugar fucked up and he has a deathly headache. Just what the fuck are we meant to do
>>
have you talked with them about it?
>>
>>17731956
Yes. He says he simply cannot help it (which I'm pretty sure he really can't). He says his illness is more important because he will literally die if I don't help him through this, which is absolutely true. But at the same time, it means my illnesses have to be completely ignored which is doing unbelievable damage to the progress I had made (I had began going outside alone during daylight and making it back okay)
>>
>>17731959

well, that just sounded rather selfish for a moment, anon.

understand that people mostly don't "just get" diabetes, its a function of long set of poor health choices before that..

so until he learns what his new reality is, what his diet and routine must look like so he doesnt die, there will be a learning curve that will take time.

You can look at it from the selfish perspective of 'what about me?' or

you can look at it from the perspective of "I've been the one getting taken care of up until now, and now its my turn for them to rely on me for a while."

Thats what a real relationship is.

And its no different if one of you has no legs, and the other suddenly goes blind.
>>
>>17731972
His diabetes is purely genetic, nothing to do with his life choices (Type 1 is different to type 2 in that way)

I fully understand that I should care for him, and I have been caring for him. The caring for him is not a problem, it is the mood outbursts, being screamed at, etc, that I am struggling with. I know it is selfish to have him put up with my illness, but I am caring for him (I do all this carb counting (means counting out with math equations how much insulin he has to inject)), I do all the cooking now, I remind him when to do blood tests multiple times a day, I buy him the things he needs for his diabetes. It is the shouting and snapping that is pushing me to my limit, I'm just not sure where I'm meant to get the energy without going cataonic to deal with this as I can feel myself slipping

I know it is the same as if one of us was blind and the other had no legs, I'm just wondering how do you deal with that situation
>>
>>17731984

just like anything else arduous.

one day at a time, one hour at a time.

Identify short term goals, and complete them. Plan the short term goals to align with long term ones. this keeps your energy level up with the satisfaction of successful completion.

and above all, keep communicating with them.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.