[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey fellow alcoholic piece of shit reaching out and wanting to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Hey fellow alcoholic piece of shit reaching out and wanting to chat

Day 2 of my detox and I'm doing ok, very tired , shakes, felt like I was going to have a heart attack all night, haven't eaten much of anything the past few days and many other things

Depressed and anxious over a few things in life (a women, my life, etc.) And just tired

Just wanting to reach out to people going through the same thing or have been through this... Please come in and talk because I would love the conversation to keep my mind off things, sitting alone in my apartment can be pretty miserable especially at this time
>>
hey man, stay hydrated. drink lots of water. try and eat substantial balanced meals. you can do it. i believe in you.
>>
>>17731516
you're already making so much progress anon and we're always here for you
>>
>>17731516
I'm not going through the same thing, but my stepdad tried quitting a few times and I can tell you what got him past the withdrawals.

You should do something with your hands to keep your mind focused (movies are too idle). Try videogames. Also I'm pretty sure you are supposed to drink lots of water.
>>
>>17731534
Videogames are a good idea, thanks for the idea... Anything to turn my fucking brain off for a period of time
>>
>>17731516
>Alcoholic piece of shit
Bruh, you are a million times more beautiful than assholes who don't try to get better.
>>
>>17731569
Good luck!

I'd offer to play some games with ya, but I'm stuck at work for another 7.5 hours.

If you want something to really focus your mind on (that is free) try dwarf fortress.
>>
>>17731516
Keep up the good work.

God damn it I want a cigarette. I would imagine you feel 10 times worse than I do right now.

God speed OP
>>
Keep up the good work man, I know this is tough, but you're going to make it.
>>
>>17731516
Good job and good luck OP! Remember, you don't have to tell yourself you'll stop drinking forever, just "I will not drink today."
>>
It's crazy how different people can be.

I'm getting light headed and woozy and want to stop drinking before my second beer is even finished most of the time.
>>
>>17731516

Have you/can you see a doctor?

I quit 2.5 years ago, but didn't have any physical withdrawal symptoms. It sounds like you'd benefit from proper medical help.

For the mental part, I just focused only on not drinking...sounds cliche/simplistic, but what I mean is that it was my only priority for the first couple months. I didn't stress about keeping other vices or bad habits in check, or worry about all the other things that bother me. If I made it tough the day without drinking then that day was a good day.

I did start exercising at this time, but because it felt good and occupied my time. Similar to the videogames, it keeps you physically engaged. When I quit drinking I was shocked at how much note time I had when I was not blacked out all the time. I'd suggest finding things to fill this time and keep you busy. Trail running was magical for me, try new things til you find thins you like.

If you have an aversion to reddit I'd suggest getting over it so you can benefit from their "stop drinking" subreddit. Find other sobriety communities online that you can talk to. Going to AA scared the shit shit of me, but the people were welcoming. Try it out, see if its flt you.

Good luck OP. Just do not drink right now, do not drink today.don't worry about tomorrow, or about not drinking ten years from now.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.