[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently (as in bout a month ago) started on prozac for depression.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Recently (as in bout a month ago) started on prozac for depression. Worked up to the full recommended dosage. It's not really doing much for me anymore (not that it really did). It just makes me exhausted and I end up sleeping 12+ hours a day at a minimum. I don't want to go out or do anything. I still feel depressed and slightly suicidal. What do I do? Stick it out w meds or quit and go it alone or try something else? what's worked for you guys?
>>
>>17730642
There are a million different antidepressants, maybe ask about trying a different one.
>>
Talk to your doctor
Fuck
>>
Talk to you Doc about weening off the Meds. Look up St. John's Wort for depression. shrooms could help or hurt, it's a wildcard. good luck
>>
File: MFW People Ask Dumb Shit.gif (618KB, 205x192px) Image search: [Google]
MFW People Ask Dumb Shit.gif
618KB, 205x192px
>>17730642
>Takes medication.
>Begins to feel weird.
>Does anon ask a medical professional advice?
No
>They ask a bunch of NEETS
& weebos on an anime image board for advice.
Quit being a dumb ass and go talk to a doctor. If not, keep taking the wrong medicine and stupid advice from a bunch of people who don't know shit about medicine and overdose, shit if I care. You know what they say, when your medication isn't working you should top it of with some bleach to balance everything out.
>>
I'm going to preface this by saying I am a pharmacist.

Prozac is an SSRI which works through increasing the Amy of serotonin in your nervous system and brain. Generally speaking the onset of action for Prozac is 4-6 weeks.

There are many symptoms associated with MDD or Major depressive disorder. One of these is increased somnolence or need to sleep. Fluoxetine or Prozac is the most stimulating of the ssri's and I find it difficult to imagine it causing you to sleep all day.

This being said, it has been shown that if after 4-6 weeks of therapy there has been NO change in depressive symptoms as reported by the patient and a patients family/ friends (as close ones may have greater insight than the patient) them it is unlikely that the medication will be effective moving forward.

There are many antidepressants on the market. Despite the fact that many are also SSRI'a studies have shown that despite treatment failure on one ssri you may see benefit with another. In my experience it is not uncommon to see someone try 3 or 4 antidepressants before finding one that works best for them. Before stopping the Prozac have a frank convo about treatment expectations with your doc.

Also, you may get withdrawal symptoms if you stop the Prozac inappropriately. Talk to your doc if pharmacist about tapering.

Hope this was helpful!
>>
>>17730855
>Counts pills.
>Medical Professional.
Pick one.
>>
Get off prozac RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

I was on prozac for 3 months and all that shit did to me was make my life harder than it already was. I know I'm being anecdotal, but hear me out. I believe you have two options in life.

1. I've taken anti-depressants. I've spoken to about 4 different psychologists/psychatrists/therapists/ people that will be on your side no matter how hard you fuck up even though you know you fucked up/ etc. I've called the Suicide Prevention Hotline about 6 times. My solution is socialization. Granted, I fucking hate people in general. They are a stupid, double-crossing backstabbing wastes of time and I wish I had the finances to live in a sheltered, secure area where no one could bother me. But, at least from what I've experienced, that's impossible. It's human nature to socialize. Yes, 4chan is included even if it's not authentic socialization. You can't survive alone. I met a woman. She instantly friend-zoned me from the jump, and introduced me to her boyfriend. While I managed to put up a facade for every person I meet, she sees right through me. She understands that being alive is a huge fucking struggle for everyone including the rich and the poor. She has the same perspective I have about the world, and that special relationship is enough to keep me moving. Now, I'm not saying go cry to the next female you meet, but find that one person who can understand you. It's going to be hard and you will fuck up plenty of times before you find him/her. Doctors just can't provide that same connection.

2. Find a hobby. No, don't pick up an electric piano and drop it 1 week later due to lack of commitment like I did. Doesn't matter if you have 0 proficiency in what you want to do. Due to my financial and family situation, I'm planning to join the military as a last resort. But, hopefully I can become an Ethical Hacker of some sort due to my beliefs on how quickly technology is advancing. Probably impossible, but at least I'm going somewhere.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.