[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever quit their job and move home to live with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: eggman.jpg (184KB, 780x1078px) Image search: [Google]
eggman.jpg
184KB, 780x1078px
Has anyone here ever quit their job and move home to live with their parents for a brief period?

I just turned 25 and have been working full-time straight out of college, never missed a day of work, but the job is pretty much dead end despite being relatively well-paid. It's basically data entry, staring at excel sheets for 9 hours a day. I respect my senior co-worker who works a more senior version of my role, but I would never aspire to be in his position. I feel like I've only stayed this long due to cowardice or fear, and I don't believe it's healthy to stay another year and regret even more stagnation.

My mother and sister have both encouraged me to take a break at home and have reassure me that my experience means another job, even if less well-paid, will not be too difficult to find. But I fear they are trapping and coddling me, as I am the youngest in the family by ten years.

Any advice or experience please?

I have been putting it off like an idiot for months but if I want to quit I'll have to do it tomorrow because my lease runs out in a month.
>>
SORRY FOR THE LONG POST BUT PLEASE HELP
>>
Keep your job but move into your parents house. Stack your paper and plan your next move.

The world runs on money and you are lucky that your parents are willing to let you move in at that age. You will save a lot of money living with them and I think you'll find it's just the right context for you to decide what you want to do next.
>>
>>17729901
By "plan your next move", I mean picking where you want to live, applying for jobs, etc.
>>
>>17729901
My job is in a major city, while my parents house is back home just outside a smaller city. I am looking for jobs both in that smaller city and another city other than the one I'm in now. The rent here is too high for me to work part-time.
>>
I've done that (well I didn't go to live with my parents but I was supported by them) when I was 22. My job, although it was in the field I studied in college, despite me having great results and being at the beginning of a successful career was making me miserable. I quit and changed my career path. Was jobless for about 9 months while taking online classes.

I can say without any slight of doubt or exaggeration that it was the best decision I ever made. Still, the reason I had to quit was because I had (well, wanted to) to study another field. If you know what kind of job you want to get and you have the knowledge to do there's no point in taking a break. Unless you feel mentally fatigues and NEED a break, of course. If that's the case then by all means, quit and relax for a few weeks before going job hunting.
>>
>>17729934
I do have the vague idea of studying for a library sciences degree, but I've emailed a bunch of library and the feedback seems to be that I can get a job at a library without that kind of degree.

Truth be told, I am writing a novel and would like to take some time to focus on that too. I realize it's a luxury but every day I read about some author who was published by my age and it tears me to pieces internally.

I've realized that working a job I hate isn't going to make me insane, it's more likely to completely domesticate me until I'm dead inside. My colleague is a nice guy but he just repeats the same thing every day and talks about very boring stuff all the time. Anything artistic or out of the ordinary and he becomes angry and critical. He and another colleague nearby have developed a game recently where they flick each others' ears every day. It makes me want to kill myself.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.