[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does someone live happily despite knowing they intrinsically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

How does someone live happily despite knowing they intrinsically have no purpose and therefore no value?
>>
>>17729438
Your value doesn't determine your happiness. A good family, social function and community does. You're an animal designed to receive rewards for fulfilling your biological imperatives.
>>
>>17729456
Pretty much this

Your brain will make you feel happy in response to doing certain things. Just do those things
>>
No defines what your purpose is but yourself. If you believe in a higher power than perhaps your purpose/fate is already decided and that at least to that power you have value.

Ultimately you define your own value, no one can just straight up tell you what your value or purpose is.
>>
by realizing that your desire for intrinsic purpose and value is retarded. Both purpose and value are subjective. Outside our subjectivity there is no purpose and value.

Nothing has objective purpose or value. Deal with it.
>>
>>17729438
These anons have answered you, but I have a different question, why do you think purpose gives things value? Or vise versa
>>
>>17729467
Probably a communist
>>
>>17729438
By pretending
>>
File: b10.jpg (134KB, 422x437px) Image search: [Google]
b10.jpg
134KB, 422x437px
>>17729456
>no family
>no social function
>no community

everything is a trap, everything is a lie and nothing will ever purpose to serve me, I am but a servant to the wills of people way beyond me and any contribution I may enact in will only raise the throne of other men

how the fuck am I supposed to find my own path when I have not sight nor feeling?
>>
I know that feel OP. I feel like bad about myself nearly 24/7 some months because I'm just a shitty, uneducated young adult with social-anxiety, depression and a weed problem. I basically have nothing to offer the world. When I meet someone my thoughts pivot back and forth between worthlessness and self-aggrandizing delusions about my "potential" making me contrary and a lowkey asshole to be around.

It's best to just chill. Stop thinking so much and do things. If you can't stop thinking, meditate.
>>
>>17729490
When Arabs have this problem due to polygamy they fuck goats and blow up their enemies
>>
>>17729467
OP here. Look at it this way. A product like say a tool has value because it's existence has a purpose that it could be used to fulfill. Humans do not have a purpose to fulfill therefore, they have no value. If I have no purpose in life, what's the point. I just exist to take space and resources
>>
That is why people create their own meaning. We have no purpose, but that gives us the ability to pick our purpose. Do you want to make a difference, and make this pointless life more bearable? Help people who need it. Do you want to do things that mean something to others? Go into a creative field. Do you want to contribute to the betterment of society? Go into science or politics.

The universe doesn't care about you. But it also doesn't judge you. It doesn't care about the mistakes you have and will make. It doesn't care if you don't know what you're doing.

Make your own meaning. Make this pointless and shitty existence a little better by doing fun things and being kind to people. That is a purpose in and of itself.
>>
>>17729510
t. Shlomo, societal sculptor and goyim puppeteer
>>
>>17729438
By actually having shit to do so they don't end up sitting around having "deep" thoughts.
>>
>>17729549
Tried distracting myself. I have 3 jobs right now and a ton of hobbies. I still feel empty though
>>
>>17729625
Do you have a good social life?
>>
>>17729625
How many hours do you work per week? Do you do something that's actually mentally engaging or just wagecuckery e.g. flipping burgers?
>>
>>17729516
Ah but you have answered your own quasi on my friend, the realization that we have no purpose, is the most liberating thing there is. Even more so the realization that it DOES NOT MATTER that nothing matters, is more liberating than anything else, because now you can create your own purpose, to choose to do what you will. I believe value is entirely subjective, sure a hammer has value to you, because you have knowledge of the uses and purpose of a hammer. But that doesn't necessarily grant it innate value, to an alien or a dictator, a hammer has no value. Wether by lack of knowledge or simple carelessness things only have value if we so choose to value them, this applies to anything from people to ideas, even our modern day currency system. This paper only has value because your government has deemed it valuable because it's is a recognizable easy thing to use to exchange goods.
>>
>>17729649
I wouldn't say so. I have trouble opening myself up to people and I never exactly got along with a lot of people in school and my co workers don't share the same interests/are too old. There is a small group that I hang out with but I always work nights and they live a little ways away so I haven't been able to get out.

>>17729658
About 30-35 hours a week. General grunt work and wage cuckery
>>
>>17729731
I think your first step should be finding people to socialize with. Groups related toy our hobbies is a good way to start. Having lots of hobbies is good. You want to make sure you do things you find fulfilling outside of work.
>>
>>17729438
By making their own purpose, and, therefore, value.
>>
>>17729460
How would I find these things?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.