[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, first time posting on /adv/. My boyfriend and I have completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

File: election_update_default_2.jpg (236KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
election_update_default_2.jpg
236KB, 575x431px
Hi, first time posting on /adv/.

My boyfriend and I have completely different political views and because the elections are coming up soon, its a topic often brought up if not by ourselves, by friends/family. We try to remain respectful of each other's beliefs/etc but yesterday we hit a new one and got into our biggest fight yet. His family and I are pro Hilary while he is pro Trump and he felt like we were ganging up on him.

He loves going on /pol/ and reading me stuff about how Hilary is a war criminal, etc while I don't go around shit talking Trump.

We've been discussing/bickering about it for awhile now but we've never gotten upset like this (we did have a lot to drink beforehand.... to be fair.
)

Should we ban all political discussion to avoid fighting altogether? Do you guys have experience with dating someone with a different political mindset? I, personally, do not. Help? Advice? Much Appreciated.
>>
>/pol/
He's mentally unstable,stay away from him
>>
>>17727822
Definitely make it a point never to ever ever EVER discuss this where any alcohol is involved.
>>
>>17727822
differences of opinion or not. "hillary is a huge turd sandwich but i doubt shes a "war criminal" that's retarded bullshit. at least she isn't a stupid racist demogogue.I don't know how old you guys are. but if this relationship is fresh and you guys are young. i'd say end it. he sounds like an asshole. regardless he should respect you as a person and as his lover, differ his opinion politely. who the fuck is pro trump anyway besides retarded assholes?(i'm from canada and that shit still makes no fucking sense) what kind of asshat would vote for someone who is proud they are so stupid with money they lost a billion dollars?
>>
Can't you two just agree that they are both criminals and will reduce our country to ashes? Seems like an accurate and fair compromise.
>>
File: bean.jpg (732KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
bean.jpg
732KB, 3000x2000px
>dating a guy who goes to /pol/
>>
>>17727822
My current girlfriend and I are opposing. Basically what we do is we grab the iPad and make it a fun (sort of) thing. Just talk it out with him and use the ipad to check eachother and educate yourselves together. Keep an open mind and just debate for fun everyonce and awhile and make sure to tease each other and be playful. Don't do it for hours on end though and stop when needed.

This keeps me and her from ever actually arguing about it since we have debates for that.
>>
you are a dumb whore and he is a useless muppet
perfect match, please stay togather forever so nobody has to suffering knowing you closer
>>
>>17727831
>>17727839
>>17727844
>>17727848
>>17727856
Also thanks for the /adv/ everyone else besides this guy
>>17727835
and me
>>17727855
>>
File: image.png (465KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
465KB, 1334x750px
Trump will win, give up. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=12zVlaZyX3Q
>>
Anyone who visits /pol/ is worth dogshit, just dump his ass and get a decent man.
>>
>>17727822
Loling at these anon a who support you over him because you're a grill.

Pol is a board like any other, he isnt subhuman for browsing it unless you're willing to say your subhuman for coming here too.

But if you both can't ha doe the difference, just break up. Politics is a foundation issue and you guys are stupid for trying to make a crack foundation work desu. Both of you.
>>
>>17727864
LOL, you use a board that shares a website with /pol/ and /b/, you're just as much dogshit. Don't get all fucking righteous you little bitch.
>>
>>17727862
This. He should dump you for being such a stupid bitch on the wrong side of history.
>>
OP here.
>>17727831
I didn't know he used /pol/ or 4chan till after.
>>17727835
Big mistake.
>>17727839
He's british and I'm American. I try not to listen to him because he can't fucking vote anyway, and I can. He is respectful and loving and affectionate in every other sense... I'm turning 19 this month and he's 21. We kind of live together at the moment.

>>17727844
I said lesser of two evils, and he went on and on about how she'll star WWIII.....

>>17727848
STOPppppp I KNOWWWW
>>17727855
I think we have to stay away from the subjects altogether.
>>
File: 1431985482654.jpg (211KB, 728x464px) Image search: [Google]
1431985482654.jpg
211KB, 728x464px
>>17727867
>>17727871

>he isnt subhuman for browsing it unless you're willing to say your subhuman for coming here too.

Poltards are subhuman and there's no comparison between /pol/ and other boards, they are special kind of retard.
>>
>>17727874
>lesser of two evils
No such thing.

Also,
>STOPppppp I KNOWWWW
Kek, are you reacting this way because you honestly think this, or because the majority of the ppl in the thread think this? You're a Hillary supporter, so I would be surprised.
>>
>>17727878
*wouldnt

>>17727876
>comparing storefront to pol

You understand it's just people expressing themselves purposefully this way because it's anonymous, right? Cry all you want, 4chan will forever be defined by pol and b.
>>
>>17727867
We're trying to handle the difference, hence I'm asking for advice. "Just break up" isn't good advice. I do agree it is a foundational difference but it hasn't been such a MASSIVE issue till last night. I'm hoping we ride out the elections, see the outcomes, and it all settles down.
>>
>>17727874
Wow. Just break up.
>>
>>17727885
It won't. I'm serious, you'll just get more bitter because girls hold grudges and guys hate drama so much they'll start drama to avoid it.

Seriously, stop trying to be the bigger person here. You'll both end up hating each other so much. Do you rely on him for money or shelter or something? Cause that's a one way street to an abusive relationship.

Politics and debate is an important aspect to a healthy relationship. If fighting is the natural default when around alcohol, you're both cheating yourselves out of better relationships. Watch out or you'll start passive aggressively arguing about little stuff that doesn't matter, and if that builds gtfo u feel
>>
File: 1463658883001.png (58KB, 642x933px) Image search: [Google]
1463658883001.png
58KB, 642x933px
Girl there are at least a dozen people every week on /adv/ talking about being worried because their friend discovered /pol/ and has become a braindead drooling mongoloid they can barely stand anymore

/pol/ isn't some hobby board, it's a place that has become a breeding ground for dangerous and malicious ideologues who become completely detached from reality, no one with two working neurons associates with that type of people and believe me they will just keep getting worse and worse, just dump his ass.
>>
>>17727896
>>17727831
>>17727848
>>17727864

Thanks for Correcting the Record!

>.02 cents has been deposited into your account
>>
>>17727892
Well at the moment, I'm staying with him and his family in the UK. I go home mid December. His family adores me and we've been having a good time. This is our first full week "living together" and our first "fight".
>>
File: Superlative Laugh.jpg (194KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
Superlative Laugh.jpg
194KB, 517x768px
>>17727901
>Thanks for Correcting the Record
Every time
>>
>>17727904
>first week living together
>first big fight

Ohhh boy
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 1388x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 1388x1080px
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 500x498px
>>17727910
I got one.
>>
>>17727908
It was more of a storm out thing where he went to stay with his friend and left me in his dad's place.........
fuck.
I'm waiting for him to get back, hasn't returned yet. I don't have a phone atm (got my purse stolen in Barcelona) so I can't give him a ring either.
>>
File: 1474192366001.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1474192366001.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
>>17727914

Hahahaha poltard being a bitch who can't confront a woman and runs away hahaha what the fuck are you doing with that dumbass? Holy shit
>>
>>17727822
Wow, you americans are fucking stupid
>>
Just dump him, polshits are worthless and people are always abandoning them because they are trash, it either gives some insight or they just become even ideologically deranged.
>>
>Supporting a confirmed murderer over a supposed racist

He should dump you
>>
>>17727925
Current situation wise, can't dump him. Don't want to either.
>>
>>17727927
This. She is a murderer and a rapist, and her husband is a rapist, democrats support keeping blacks dumb and in ghettos, look up party history. Demi's founded planned parenthood to cut down black numbers.

The only reason feminists hate Trump is because he said something that was taken the wrong way by the media first.

Feminists are fucking delusional and they seriously freak me out, I dont trust democrats and I'm afraid of them desu. I feel like they're always going to accuse me of something, and I have to lie and say I'm one of them if I want to keep my job and friends.

Good job inventing this culture of hate, liberals.
>>
>>17727933
Look you really need to just discuss it with him so he doesn't feel frustrated with you and you with him. I'm telling you to just go with to him and apologize for the fight (be the bigger person) and ask him to show you what he believes.
Don't fight him on it just hear him out and try to understand his views. Then have him do the same for you and try to find common grounds and see where you differ. Unless you talk about it like adults, everytime it comes it you guys will devolve into emotional babies and fight over it.
>>17727855
>>17727855
>>17727855
>>
File: 1476054421365.png (85KB, 291x344px) Image search: [Google]
1476054421365.png
85KB, 291x344px
>>17727927
>>17727934
>>
>>17727934
So I didn't ask for your political input or insight. Fuck off.
>>
>>17727940
My GF teases me and calls me a "trump supporter" and a "trans hater" but she smiles and kisses me when she does it. We literally oppose each other completely but since we have calm unemotional discussions about it she understands my view points and doesn't get upset about them as long as I don't act hateful or spiteful. I too have opened up to her views about certain things and no longer get upset about them, I simply tease her for it and laugh.
>>
>>17727940
>>17727948
having the iPad or a laptop is KEY. You need to be able to show each other proof to back up your claims.
*hint* sometimes a view will be defeated by the research you guys do together. Its much harder to get mad at each other when you ask for the proof and watch and read things together with open minds.
>>
>>17727946
>>17727943

>Babbies ITT

I'm black btw, which is why I wrote that.
>>
>>17727951

Oh yes, there so much to learn from Alex Jones and websites like the dailystormer, fuck off poltard
>>
>>17727948
>>17727951
Thank you. Maybe we'll try that. I don't know how he's feeling right now but once he gets back and we talk, will update.
>>
>>17727957

Uncle tom
>>
It's funny, I don't go on /pol/ often, when I do its on 8chn, and I see you people as drooling retards because I have similar options to /pol/

However, ive put myself in your shoes and I understand why you have the opinions you do. I don't force my opinion either, op it all depends how often you and his family bring up politics. If hes the only one bringing it up, ask him to stop. If both of you are bringing it up constantly, then you have no right to complain.

People that complain about people they know who have started going there get upset because they break the social and media norm. Right now the social norm is trump is hitler. But /pol/ doesn't agree, and that upsets people because they think they're "crazy" for having different opinions.

Either way all of you are fucking children, keep your political beliefs to yourself unless asked, that way the person asking fully deserves what they get. /Pol/ is not a fucking boogeyman, it's people with different views. Get over it.
>>
File: 1475440718029.png (72KB, 994x596px) Image search: [Google]
1475440718029.png
72KB, 994x596px
>>17727963
>8gag

hahaha that /pol/ is the worse of all, it's basically /x/ but about politics
>>
>>17727967
Whatever you say dude.

You are only enforcing the "acting like children"
>>
File: 1472060774001.png (28KB, 625x467px) Image search: [Google]
1472060774001.png
28KB, 625x467px
>>17727970

Yeah dude you're the bigger and rational adult here with your jew conspiracies and other deranged bullshit.
>>
>>17727972
I haven't even brought up anything about jews or these "conspiracies" you speak of.

Jesus man, calm down. Learn to accept people have other views, no matter how crazy. Get a hold of yourself.
>>
File: 1463659090001.gif (87KB, 1231x930px) Image search: [Google]
1463659090001.gif
87KB, 1231x930px
>>17727976
>I just want like to gas the kikes and niggers mang, it's just an opinion, you're the real intolerant!
>>
>>17727978
I'm laughing hard at these comics, so I'll keep replying. You know this is how they see people like you.

Also /pol/ hates modern Germany, at least get your facts straight.
>>
>>17727959
Yea please and thank you for listening to me! God speed and I wish you luck. Keep it lighthearted and loving. It should be something unemotional or at least not negative emotions, keep the positive emotions high. do it on the couch cuddling and keep each other in check.

If someone gets upset then STOP.

Pick it up later.
>>
I just talked to his mum.

She told me he doesn't have a great relationship with his dad and stepmother. (We're staying with them for the week)

They agree with me politically and it was more of a 3 vs 1 last night. He probably felt very attacked and alone. Plus, he was drunk.

I'm supposed to be his partner and on his side (not politically, more emotionally) but I think he felt like we were ganging up on him. I'm trying to understand why he got so upset because political debates are the norm for us.
>>
>>17728126
Op, just close out of this thread and don't come back. Im serious.

Don't let people sway you from here on out, just let it go and talk to him and make a game of it like those two posts said.
>>
>>17728128
You are right. Thanks. Waiting 5 mins so hopefully you can see my reply then deleting.

Thank you.
>>
>>17728160
I saw it, now get out of here before it's too late
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.