[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I think I've just narrowed down the main source of my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1383503304347.jpg (10KB, 254x198px) Image search: [Google]
1383503304347.jpg
10KB, 254x198px
So I think I've just narrowed down the main source of my unhappiness in life, and it honestly sounds pretty fucking autistic to me so I'm wondering if anyone with more experience or knowledge can say what it is exactly.

I realized that I have a really intense obsession with knowing what the right choices to make are. This isn't just mere indecisiveness, what I mean is more like I can't see the point of doing anything and all choices seem meaningless without me being able to identify the right one.

This obsession runs so deep I am pretty sure I started studying physics when I was about 13 or 14 because I thought learning the fundamental laws of the universe would somehow help me know what the right things to do in life are. But it doesn't cut it anymore.

The problem is a lack of goals. A lack of purpose makes literally everything in life feel meaningless. Because I can't look at my choice of video games and see 1 that is "the right one to play right now" then playing any game feels utterly pointless. Because I don't have a particular social group that I know I'm supposed to be a part of then making an effort to be friends with anyone feels futile and meaningless. Because I don't know what job to go for, which girl to chase after, where to live, it all feels pointless.

There was a time a while back where I literally spent weeks obsessing over what the best font to use on my computer by default was.

It's not that I need everything to go my way, in fact it might even be better if it didn't. I just need life to have a direction so I can work toward clear goals and not have to constantly question them.

What's wrong with me?
>>
>>17727212
I'm kind of like that, but my problem is procrastination. Just know that you're not really 'supposed' to have a particular group of friends, job, girlfriend. Just chill out, and make decisions as they come. But your problem seems more complex than all that. Maybe talk to a career councillor.
>>
>>17727212
The only wrong choice is inaction and shit that goes against your morals. Objectivity doesn't really exist in the sense you're thinking of.
>>
>>17727212
I can relate with most of what you are saying. might be OCD, which I have been told I have. Some advice I'll give to you (and would give to myself if I werent me) is, there is no way to know what the perfect thing is in any situation. luckily, you dont need to make perfect decisions. no one can and no one needs to. You only live once, and no one lives perfectly, just try and take things moment to moment and dont worry so much about whether your choices are the most bestest ever. hope this makes sense, its hard to say it perfectly ( xD ) since its advice i myself should and dont take, but hope you and I figure it out man
>>
File: 1476107301522.png (15KB, 640x773px) Image search: [Google]
1476107301522.png
15KB, 640x773px
Are you me? I've lost countless relationships. Find what you want to do... if you want someone to talk to let me know.
>>
>>17727212
Are you me? I feel exactly like this and I only go for girls that i KNOW they like me or liked me at some point, so I have had relationships that are happy for some time, but one of the problems is that i'm also very selfcentered, don't really care/know what the people around me want or feel unless explicity told so. I am one of those guys Who really wish there were many lives to really do not care about wrong choises.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.