[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, here's my problem, I'm french and I no longer have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: i007.jpg (160KB, 805x1200px) Image search: [Google]
i007.jpg
160KB, 805x1200px
So, here's my problem, I'm french and I no longer have a job, have been in bad terms with my family and have a consequent amount of money so I was wondering if I should move to the US
I really love the US and it really feel like a fantastic country and I can no longer stand the people of Paris
Can Americans tell me if it's a good idea to move to the US, where to move ect ?
>>
Le plus important c'est d'obtenir un visa, et pour l'avoir il faut d'abord soit être étudiant soit trouver un boulot AVANT d'y aller.

De plus, il faut que tu saches que NYC et LA ne ressemblent pas au reste des É.-U.
>>
>>17725779

go take a vacation to the US for about two weeks and you'll know whether you want to live here or not.
Good places to take vacations are NOT Jew York. If you like bombastic activity, California and Nevada (Las Vegas) are good for that. Flordia is really warm and has lots of beaches (and also Disney World)
>>
>>17725874

2 weeks of vacation is not nearly enough time to determine whether you want to become an expat or not. I would recommend 3-6 months minimum to have an idea of what it's really like to live in any given country.
>>
>>17725779
Visit first. Keep in mind that to survive in America you must work almost every day, long hours, shitty environments normally; just for a lower middle class lifestyle. Rent is fucking ass here. Research cheap/safe places to live.

If you are looking for urban try Philadelphia (the parts that you won't get shot in, but can still afford rent). Unless you are a trust fund baby, or willing to live with several other people in a one bedroom apartment - forget New York. New Jersey housing prices are getting crazy as well. For example - a small apartment in shitty downtown New Brunswick, NJ can be around $1400 a month, and at least one person will have to live in the little living room with no privacy.

California is chock full of homeless people, no matter how beautiful it looks from an airplane. Flyover states are just that - flyover states.

Not to sound negative; America is beautiful and diverse, of course. But living in the fun, urban parts is not easy without money/parents - simple as that.
>>
If you have any degrees/skills, then it might be worth it. Just make sure you speak english enough.

You best find out where you're going and calculate the cost of living. If you're a skilled worker, then any stable job will be good.
>>
>>17725779
Canada. Canada is your answer.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.