[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been with my girlfriend for a few months now and we're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: kill.jpg (153KB, 640x1092px) Image search: [Google]
kill.jpg
153KB, 640x1092px
I've been with my girlfriend for a few months now and we're both having the time of our lives, but I keep tripping up on the thought of money. We're both 18 (I'm newly turned - a couple days old) and financially I'm completely poor. I can't find work anywhere, I've tried almost hundreds of places in (London, UK) and I just can't get a job anywhere. Supermarkets, cafes, shops, you name it and I've applied to no luck, not even with an email to tell me I didn't get the chance of an interview.

My girlfriend doesn't have a job but has a regular allowance from her parents even though she doesn't do anything to earn it. She buys loads of expensive goods which of course I have absolutely no problem with, but she's used to it and I can't afford good gifts. She always wants to go out for dinner and I can't afford >£10 every couple days.

It's severely frustrating. I used to collect action figures which are incredibly dear to my heart. Should I sell them because I'm in such a dire situation? I never really ask my parents for money because it's shitty but I feel like I should ask my father for a loan so I can treat her.

I don't want to come across as feeling sorry for myself, but it's so goddamn annoying I wake up early in the morning and can't sleep thick with worry that I can't pay for anything.

What should I do?
>>
I was in the same situation as you, applied to a bunch of minimum wage jobs and got nothing. You know what I did to get me a bunch of offers and get a job within a week? I lied. Sorry but it is the truth. Made up my experience and suddenly I was being offered jobs. Then when I got a job at a gas station, I made the excuse that the cash register was completely different and had a nice one week grace period.

Also tailor the cover letter for each job anon and use the words in the job description in your skills.
>>
>>17725646

Tell her that you want to lower the amount of days you go out for food cause you don't have money coming in like that.

also look up staffing agencies, recruitment agencies or sales/marketing agencies like http://unjobs.org/vacancies/1343070570627

They;'ll hire anyone as long as you're not a druggie/clinically retarded, and for the most part it's better than working some minimum wage shitheap.
>>
>>17725646
>>17725671

I would second this. But don't go out for food at all. If you can't afford it dont do it. Its not going to help yo at all. Just eat at home..

Also TELL UR GF HOW U FEEL. Not that U just dont want to go out
>>
>>17725646
Not being able to buy your girlfriend gifts isn't a dire situation. A dire situation is when you're homeless living out of a car. Your problem is just inconvenient and sucks a little.

I think you should talk to your girlfriend. I've gone through lots of phases with my boyfriend, sometimes when I have extra spending money and he doesn't, sometimes when he does and I don't. I'm a cheap person and I sometimes buy into the gender norms that it's the guy that buys shit in these courting ritual situations- but when I realized that if I wanted to go out that I would have to pay for him, I just started treating him for a while. It was no big deal, pretty worth it compared to never going out at all, and he eventually got me back for it, though I didn't exactly keep a tally. If you just explain to your gf that you can't afford to go out, she might offer to get your back, and you don't have to be ashamed and can get her back for it and start treating her later when you do have a job.
>>
Op here.

Just a question - is it worth me getting a job? I'm still at school and I have really important exams coming up that'll decide what uni I get into. I don't want to mess this year up and a job will only cut into it.
>>
Holy shit op i have been in your shoes.

This anxiety you have is only going to get worse as soon you tell her you cannot even buy an ice cream cup.

Keep having the sex, keep trying for jobs. But dont got any further emotionally with her, she sounds like a princess
>>
>>17726012
That really depends on you. Some people can manage to juggle a part time job and school and still find time to study, but if you're already unsure if you can handle it then I'd recommend not pushing yourself. It's also important to note that if you get a job you'll have less free time to hang out with your girlfriend or maintain a social life.

On the other hand, jobs are good sources of life experience. I usually recommend getting one after you graduate and taking a year or so of work before starting university, but I don't know how that sort of thing works in your country or in your situation, so those important factors.
>>
>>17726045
Im gonna have to second this guy

But i would first tell her how u feel, if she is not comforting and unsymathetic to you on this issue she is not a good women.
>>
>>17726059
It's dumb as shit but I'm too proud to admit I'm struggling. She's loyal as hell and she's really in love with me, I just don't want to spill it
>>
>>17726119
You're going to seem like a bigger dick in the long run if you have to make excuses and avoid spending instead of telling her upfront. And you'll seem like a loser if you wind up in debt over it.
>>
>>17725646
No, don't sell your shit.
You are clearly a fucking idiot, meaning you will try and guilt trip your girlfriend over you selling your shit.
If nobody is getting back to you, it probably means that your CV is dog shit.
Lucky for you, I work as a head hunter and see hundreds of CVs a day, granted I hire people who are well established in their careers, but I might be able to help someone on your level
>Is your email something retarded like "Ilessthanthreeblink182@hotmail"? or is it your name?
>Are you putting your photo or your address on your CV?
Those are the main 2 I used to see when filling vacancies for temp jobs, they were the CVs I used to feed the shredder.

Do you have any previous work experience? you must have done something by the age of 18, even being a paper boy

Do you have a criminal record?

Do you do any volunteering?

Do you have any hobbies?

Did you go to school or do any further education?

Failing that, do you save any of your money? if you can save £10 every couple of days, or even every few days, you must be able to save for a couple of weeks and have enough for a cheap meal at a restaurant
>>
File: PicsArt_11-01-11.00.53.jpg (389KB, 1440x2037px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_11-01-11.00.53.jpg
389KB, 1440x2037px
>>17726194
First off, I wouldn't tell her I sold them.
My email is just my name followed by 21, my address is on and I don't have a photo.

Criminal record? Nope.

Volunteering? Does work experience count?

I do have hobbies.

This is my CV. Excuse the shit job at sealing personal info
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.