[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. I'm explicitly forbidden to drink on my meds, and for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (149KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 900x1600px
1. I'm explicitly forbidden to drink on my meds, and for a full week after quitting them in january.

2. The situation, however, has newly changed and I no longer feel the need for my meds.

3. I quit them on tuesday, intending to drink this friday.

4. The situation, however, changed only today.

5. So if I tell my family, they'll either think I'm drinking on my meds half-life, or know for sure that I've been off them for longer than I've implied, therefore lying to them.

What's the smoothest course of action to explain them that I've made the desicion to no longer require medication, and allow myself whiskey, in such a brief notice? Hiding the drinking is literally impossible with my scent-hypersensitive sister in the house. She could smell whether I'm on my meds or not if she tried, not to speak of alcohol.
>>
What were your meds for, anxiety and paranoia?
>>
Just take the fucking meds until the end of the week you twit. Jesus.
>>
>>17725472
antabuse. It's meant to keep me from drinking.

And I'm not fucking kidding about her sense of smell. It's absurd.

>>17725484
It takes two weeks for antabuse to leave your system. People have literally died from drinking while on it.
>>
>>17725536

Then don't drink until it leaves your system. Are you that much of an alcoholic you can't survive without any alcohol for two weeks?
>>
>>17725536
Come clean. Theres no excuse with something like antabuse, you're taking that because you're an alcoholic.
>>
>>17725544
Of course I can, I've been off it for a month. But The Event is this weekend.

>>17725592
I'm taking that because my father was an alcoholic and my familly doesn't trust my word an inch.
>>
>>17725676
>the first step to recovery is admitting youre an addict
>>
>>17725676
>The event is this weekend.
Just dont drink then mate. You're making bullshit excuses and I think deep down you know it. Nobody in this thread is going to help validate your alcoholism.
>>
>>17725696
Dude I'm 22. I don't drink any more than 22-year-olds on average. The only reason my family makes it a problem is because I'm living with them, mom wants to smother me and my good-for-nothing NEET sister is hell-bent to make someone else look worse than she is. I have a JOB, for crying out loud.
>>
>>17725696
>>17725746
Hahahahahahaha

What the fuck? Gay faggot detect. Im out.

U better stop saying bad stuff about ur mom online
>>
>>17725746
Having a job isn't the sole determining factor in having your shit together.

Its possible your family might be over cautious, but the doctor that prescribed you the meds probably wouldn't do so without at least some cause, so I'm not entirely convinced you don't have a problem.

Just don't drink. If you're not actually an alcoholic it won't be a big deal.
>>
>>17725778
I asked for the pills to make my family shut up.
>>
>>17725783
Then move out if you have such a problem with them.
>>
>>17725822
I'm working on it, now that the aforementioned massive hurdle the size of Australia is out of the way and there's actually space in my head for a free action.
>>
>>17725872
You are making excuses like an addict. Just want you to know that. If alcohol is causing all this drama in your life right now it should be easy to say. I'll wait until it's not. But you can't seem to do that.
Try substituting alcohol for something of equal value in your head and see if it still makes sense for you to be acting this way toward it.
Alcohol now is a stick of slim Jim.
You are lying to your family, quitting mess early, and making excuses for a slim Jim. Does it still make sense to you...?
>>
>>17725930
Actually, most of the drama in my life at the moment is caused by trying to obtain a diagnosis for gender identity disorder in a country whose trans laws break human rights. Like, the fucking amnesty has a beef with them, and 1st world countries shouldn't have that kind of shit. I'll still be required to be sterilised whether I want it or not, but for now, after eight years of struggling, I've made a massive breakthrough in prying my right to transition out of their cold, dead hands.

I admit I didn't give you the whole picture, but I really, really don't see how having a bit of brandy to celebrate an achievement I've spent almost half my life fighting for is the grave issue of my life.
>>
File: 1440490128205.jpg (23KB, 437x437px) Image search: [Google]
1440490128205.jpg
23KB, 437x437px
>>17725979
>gender identity disorder
Here we fucking go...
Your just all kinds of a mess. Alcohol dependency. Gender illusions. Are you the same dude that was posting yesterday? Goto tumblr with that bullshit.
>>
>>17726018
What was that dude posting? I don't recall posting anything too personal here.

Besides, no matter how much you feel I can't feel how I feel, there's no scales, standards or measuring tapes for the human brain, and when it comes to my life and choices - particularly the ones I didn't come here to seek advice for - my feels > your feels.

Looking at it now with a bit more consideration, I've decided it's the best to just tell them I'm quitting the pills since the situation requiring support has ended, and dare them to have an opinion on it. I'm an adult with the right to make my own choices, regardless of their opinions.
>>
Is getting drunk really worth all this headache?

answer: nope
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.