[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I graduated college and got a nice paying job, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/ I graduated college and got a nice paying job, but this required me moving far away from my friends that I've had for 6 to 8 years. Also my SO and I mutually decided long distance isn't what we wanted. We all said we'd keep in touch. That was 2 months ago. Contact is dwindling to none. Each day I come home to an empty apartment, and I'm greeted by silence. I'd often wished I had the time and money to do the things I wanted to do, but now I just want to have friends. Actually I just want contact with another person, no mater how small. I haven't posted on /adv/ in years, and I know this isn't actually advice seeking, but can someone acknowledge my existance? It'll help me get though another month of hiding crushing loneliness, hopefully long enough to find a set of friends. Sorry for the pity party.

pic mostly unrelated
>>
Well, if my life is any reference point; I'll be set for life as far as a career goes when I graduate and... I'm suicidal and on the path to wizardry despite all other superficial aspects of myself being above average.

I'd go with having people who would give a shit if I finally offed myself over a better job any day.
>>
Moving far away means you're basically giving up the life you had and forging a new one. New friends, a new SO, etc.
It's tough dealing with isolation at first. It's super brutal. Try hanging out with a coworker or two, find some people who do stuff you like doing, you gotta find new friends. Maybe try and do some skype calls with old friends in the meanwhile.
>>
>>17724388
>>17724407
Thanks anons. I can breath again. I hope all goes well and gets better in your lives as well
>>
>>17724423
You're just dealing with isolation and lonliness OP. You just gotta go out and meet new people and make new friends.
And fuck, it's not like VoIP is some magical thing now, you can do it with high quality from a cellular connection. You can still keep in touch with old friends.

You're never alone until you decide you are.
>>
>>17724435
Yeah, we do, but communication is slowing getting less and less over time. Hard to do VoIP when friends are doing things.

>Hey, wanna chat/watch something/play some game after work?
>Actually it's Halloween, so we are going to go do fun stuff with new friend X
>You should do something fun with your friends.

I mean, I expected I needed to find new friends, but I didn't expect to need to do so quickly or else start facing gut wrenching loneliness to the point of reaching out to anonymous internet strangers for some form of solace

Also time zones are a bitch.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.