[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the USA actually investigate marriages for immigration reasons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: dress.jpg (159KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
dress.jpg
159KB, 600x900px
Does the USA actually investigate marriages for immigration reasons?

I've been seeing this girl for a while now, and she's coming up on the end of her schooling. We were thinking of getting hitched since she's here on a student visa, and it would simplify things greatly if she didn't have to worry about getting booted out of the country..

In all honesty, neither of us really have any interest in marriage, so it really would be just for the immigration rights. On top of that, it doesn't look like a very "normal" marriage style relationship. We don't live together, and won't live together likely until well after. We live like 6 hours away from each other, so we mostly spend weekends together.

So, are we just inviting trouble on ourselves, or is investigation of things like this something that only really happens in the movies?
>>
File: FBITip.jpg (38KB, 618x255px) Image search: [Google]
FBITip.jpg
38KB, 618x255px
She'll get deported and you'll end in jail
>>
>>17724257
I so hope you actually did report something, and I also so hope you post what you submitted.

>some random poster on an image board said they might get married in the future to someone with a visa. Halp!
>>
>>17724202
go to the courthouse and get a marriage license, then apply for her green card. you'll need letters from family and friends, and tons of other bona fides. an interview will take place. you better have a good reason you don't live together. that's for the conditional green card (1st round), which expires after two years. the permanent status is even more in depth. with no joint assets or loans, you won't stand a chance. and if you don't live together at this point forget about it. the application fees are also very expensive. thousands.
>>
>>17724495
Just getting married at a courthouse probably won't cut it. Here's a list of things that you'd need to use to show that your marriage is bona fide, and part of it includes wedding invitations. Even if you had a majority of the other things, a lack of wedding invitations would probably look suspicious, I don't know anyone who doesn't keep a copy of their wedding invitation in this day and age
http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/bona-fide-marriage-documentation.html
>>
Don't do it, you will end up in an orange jump suit. All first world countries protect their immigration from sham marriages. If you really want to go ahead you need to move in and really be married for a few years.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.