[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /adv/, was I almost robbed today? >live in Milwaukee near

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 250.jpg (81KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
250.jpg
81KB, 640x360px
hey /adv/, was I almost robbed today?
>live in Milwaukee near UWM campus
>putting rent check into post bin down the street
>as I am walking up, notice three men loitering about
>dont think much of it, continue to place check into bin, turn around and begin walking back to my car
> I have my headphones in, however they are turned down, so i just have some background music while still being semi aware of my surroundings
>in my peripherals, see one of the men walking up to me quickly behind me
>turn around and take out headphones
>short black kid probably around 16-19
>seems nervous, and acting shifty, hear the two other men laugh a little in the distance
>hey man, i was just playing a prank on you, haha, man just playing a prank
>he continues to get close to me as I continue to walk toward my car, keeping him in view and saying things like Ok, alright, to his obvious attempts at covering up what he was going to do

>tfw i think he backed down when he say I was taller than him/ that I am /fit/
>ends up asking if i have a cigarette that he can buy
just get in my car and leave, sketched out by the whole situation

what do you think /adv/? was this a botched mugging attempt? or am i just being paranoid? there have been a number of robberies near this area as it is just across the river from the hood.
>>
>>17722996
Botched robbery. Get a gun immediately.
>>
>>17723013
:^( i am a broke college student, I barely have money for food and rent, I cant afford that right now, is a knife acceptable?
>>
come on guys im really scared, does anyone have another opinion on this? I dont want to be as racist as my mind is making me, but this shit is unacceptable
>>
>>17723063
It's not racist, some sketchy kid who happened to be black was tailing you and his friends who happened to be black were sketchily posted up watching. Yeah the statistics show that black people commit more crime, he's the one who's not giving his race a good name.
>>
>>17723076
Thanks fampai
>>
>>17723040
/k/ommando here.

Get a Hi-Point. They're $130-150 new so you probably get one for under 100 used. Depending on your state you may be able to keep it in your car without a concealed carry license.

If that's really too much you CAN (and I don't recommend this) buy a Walmart airsoft gun and paint it black. Often just presenting a firearm is enough to send people running. This is a bad idea though because if they're dumb and either go after you or present their own gun you're fucked.

Seriously dude ~$135 for a gun and ammo is worth your life and your sanity.
>>
>>17722996
seems to me like this was more a case of trying to deck you when you werent looking. They sometimes make younger kids do that to prove they are willing to do what it takes. Im basing this off the fact that you said he was young and they were snickering in the background. Also that he was completely thrown off when you turned around. if he wanted to rob you he would have robbed you when you turned around. Im pretty sure he just wanted to try to knock you out.

Move to a better neighborhood.
>>
>>17723283
I could see this as being true, however I can't move because I go to school here. I still have 3 years left, I wont live in Milwaukee after I graduate
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.