[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting more and more down and confused as each day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

I'm getting more and more down and confused as each day goes by.
I still feel no legitimate passion towards my college program. I'm unsure if this is something I can spend the rest of my life doing. But I feel this way towards just about everything. I have absolutely zero drive or motivation to be productive and I don't think I ever have. I'm completely depressed at my current courseload and how much of my time it takes up. I feel unfulfilled and empty, I'm definitely not at my best and my marks are noticeably suffering from it (I'm not failing, but I can't bring myself to put my all into anything).
The first solution everyone seems to come up with is to switch my major, however it's not that simple for 2 reasons:
1)This is what I was convinced I was gonna spend my life doing since I was 12, it's all I've prepared for. Without this I have nothing.
2)I have no idea if this isn't what I want to do, or if it is and there's just something blocking my motivation towards it.
Whats worse is it feels like I have a limited time frame to get this figured out (i.e. before this semester is over). I have NO CLUE what I'm supposed to do. It's driving me crazy
>>
Take it from a guy with a Ph.D. in Physics. I spent 10 years after getting my degree working for a company making blueprints of machines for different companies before I got a job relevant to my degree. Your degree will probably have minimal effect on what you actually end up doing in life, unless it's engineering. Just stick it out, and if you do have motivation afterwards, get your Master's while you look for a job relevant to your degree. Otherwise, take your bachelor's in whateverthefuck and be happy. Most employers only care that you DO have a degree, not what your degree is in (one of the guys I worked with was a Sociology major).
>>
>>17722775
I'm in school for programming, one of the fields where the degree you have is very much relevant.

It isn't so much wanting a specific type of job either. I could be working full time in some shitty factory somewhere and probably be happier doing that than I am now.
>>
>>17722775
This logic both makes sense and confuses me at the same time. Companies want you to have passion, even if its completely irrelevant to what you're doing. At least you're not some empty soul or robot doing what you're told.
>>
>>17722823
>>17722775
none of this helps me deal with how miserable, empty and unfulfilled i feel on a daily basis though.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.