[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guy here. Today I saw some random girl around my age on the bus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: strangersonbus.jpg (38KB, 836x478px) Image search: [Google]
strangersonbus.jpg
38KB, 836x478px
Guy here. Today I saw some random girl around my age on the bus that was crying. Of course everyone was ignoring her. Should I have comforted her?
This is the third time I see some stranger crying on a bus and I feel like I should do something.
>>
>>17722587
I broke up with my ex and she was on the next greyhound to Seattle, tears and all.

You probably could've gotten lucky if you showed some interest.
>>
>>17722587

If you are gong with this Anon's attitude: >>17722597, then don't comfort people.

You don't HAVE to do it, and most people will tell you to go the fuck away. But if you really want to help, you can try next time. You don't feel you "must" try.
>>
>>17722587
No, nope, don't.
>>
>>17722587
If you're sitting right next to her you can ask. But don't cross the bus to ask her or anything.
>>
>>17722738
sounds like good advice
>>
>>17722738
This. If you were a girl, then it would have been more acceptable for you to approach her from a different part of a bus
>>
>>17722738
This. Only draws more attention and she probably already feels humiliated to be crying in public.

For the record, have cried in public. Would have been grateful for a sympathetic look or I don't know, pat on the back in passing or something, but no verbal acknowledgement.

I think it's different when the person is obviously in hysterics and no longer caring about making a scene (like "my mother just died and I'm now too late to see her alive for the last time"), then you are free to go up to them.
>>
>>17722587
Depends on the way she was crying. And on you. If you even have to ask, you probably don't have the right skills so don't bother.
>>
>>17722870
>If you even have to ask, you probably don't have the right skills so don't bother.
that's the most retarded thing I've read today
>>
Go to them and ask them if they'd like to talk about it. Ignore these fukn losers telling you to mind your own business.
>if you are in usa then nvm, ur country is fukt
>>
>>17722881
Obviously it's mean for the situation in question. If you got a friend who got shot and you have to ask online how to remove the bullet, you absolutely shouldn't attempt it. Same here. Only the consequences for failure are less severe.
>>
>>17722886
You are implying that people are just born with skills and if they aren't they should not attempt to even try to learn them?
Besides, comforting someone is not rocket science, once you get past the part where you decide if it's a good idea or if they other person would rather not be comforted by a stranger.
>>
>>17722870
>If you even have to ask, you probably don't have the right skills so don't bother.
I'm normally one to throw around the word 'autist' like it's going out of fashion, but I disagree. Everyone, even the most socially adept, have situations where later they think "should I have done something? What could I have done?"
>>
>>17722897
>You are implying that people are just born with skills and if they aren't they should not attempt to even try to learn them?
Jesus fuck, no. My point is that if there is a "critical" situation that needs certain skills, you shouldn't jump into it. Whether it's removing a bullet, flying a plane because the pilot fell asleep or this.

>once you get past the part where you decide if it's a good idea or if they other person would rather not be comforted by a stranger.
This was the question, so OP is clearly not past this part. It doesn't take any super special skills but you need to be able to read the situation and have some basic skills, and preferably not the mindstate to comfort the person because it's a girl (most likely not an ugly one at that too), admittedly this part may be me reading too much into OP.

>>17722900
A socially adept person would also have the ability to analyze it for him/herself; it's neither a huge moral dilemma nor something that will eat up the person for "acting wrong". Pretty sure most non socially retarded people would be able to decide on the right cause of action in this scenario.
>>
>>17722914
>the mindstate to comfort the person because it's a girl (most likely not an ugly one at that too)

>projecting this fucking hard
>>
>>17722922
It's called reading and interpreting what you read. I didn't exactly accuse OP of it, just mentioned that it might be a possibility given the post ... which you would notice if you'd read yourself.
>>
>>17722933
Then you are really bad at interpreting. You are making an assumption that says a lot about yourself.
Just fyi not every single action a man does is made with the purpose of getting laid. And then you accuse others of being socially retarded...
>>
>>17722940
>#notevermale
I never implied it, hence I differentiated the POSSIBILITY that it COULD be OPs motivation with a fucking oxford coma AND added that I might be reading too much into his/her post.

>And then you accuse others of being socially retarded...
Never did that either. Is it the new theme or do you generally suck at reading?
>>
>>17722958
>I might be reading too much into his/her post
>you would notice if you'd read yourself
>"Guy here" right there in the OP
What the actual fuck? Did you even read the post?
>>
>>17722962
>>"Guy here" right there in the OP
Ahaha, I really missed it. Touche.
>>
>>17722587
She is only crying because she lost the resources her boyfriend could have provided her dont be fool by her crocodile tears.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.