[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in the south-east US and want to move to the North-West.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Armstrong-profile-shot-0.png (563KB, 867x766px) Image search: [Google]
Armstrong-profile-shot-0.png
563KB, 867x766px
I live in the south-east US and want to move to the North-West.

I have a job here, a mortgage, family, and my wife. My wife says she will come with me. But it's hard to fund a move. Is there something I'm missing for moving? I mean financially it seems impossible. What am I suppose to do?

Average pay where I live is a little over minimum wage (which is 7.25 here) and I make 16$. I work full time so that's 34k a year before taxes. Where I live 34 is enough to buy a 2700 sqft house and cover all my expenses but that's not the case anywhere else.

Am I basically going to have to wait for a housing market crash?
>>
The Pacific North-West is expensive as fuck. What field are you in that you make 16? Idk about wages in your parts, is 16 competitive?
>>
>>17722107

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/
>>
>>17722154
I've got anew associates in Systems/Networking with 10 years experience. Middle class here is 30 to 45k a year here so I wouldn't call it competitive. If you make 100k a year here you're basically the highest of high class and there is very little hat differentiates you from someone with millions of dollars.
>>
>>17722170
Am I supposed to see something in this that I'm not? I mean, this seems to be very specific to somewhere where the cost of living is higher. Apparently wherever he is a painter can make 50k a year. Here a painter makes about 21k a year at max.

This blog doesn't apply to me from what I can tell.
>>
Seattlefag here.

Minimum wage is going to be 15 here.

16 an hour is not affordable here. At all.

But it is if you go South of Seattle in areas like Tacoma.
>>
>>17722195
Yeah I was going to move to Oregon or Washington for the weather there which I love. Where I live, summer is the only season.

I noticed that $15 is the minimum there in Oregon as well. How the hell am I supposed to move to somewhere else when I'm making the minimum wage+$1 of what is made there? Don't get me wrong, I expect a bit of a drop in my standard of living, but not so much that I'm making minimum wage.
>>
>>17722211
Property taxes man, property taxes
>>
>>17722360
I'm not sure what you mean by that. I pay my property taxes.
>>
>>17722366
I mean Oregon has high as fuck property taxes because there's no sales tax. That and the very high cost of living.
>>
>>17722536
Yeah i know what you mean. So how am i supposed to be able to move there? I would have to save like 30k to be able to move there and keep my standard of living right?
>>
>>17722172
You have to look it up man. If you fall into the hipster demographic I'm sure you can make in in the northwest.Im also sure they hiked up the living cost as well so something to be considerate of.
>>
>>17722614
I wouldn't say I fall into the hipster demographic. I do like the music hipsters like though.
>>
>>17722614
I cant really find a calculator for that or anything online. Do you have anything that can do that?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.