[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 19 and I have no fucking idea what to do with my life.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

I'm 19 and I have no fucking idea what to do with my life.
Not a slightest hint.
Usually it's something like "do what you love!" or "do what brings you joy!"- well I have literally zero things in both categories. Do what intersts you? It's all and nothing at the same time.
I'm fucked. Big time.
>>
>>17721765
Are you in school? What are you studying if so?

I'm 18, engineering student. I hope to get my degree in eng then go to law school and become a lawyer (I hope that an eng degree will make me desirable because people usually associate engineers with intelligence and if not being an engineer can get me a job as a plan b).

But I hope at some point when I have a comfortable job to take some time off and use some money I've saved up to buy equipment/studio time and record an album. I'm a massive /mu/fag and am really passionate about it, and it is my dream to someday record my own album (even if two people ever listen to it, it's more for myself anyway). I just hope I still feel as passionate about it by the time I get enough money to actually do it.

I don't know why I'm typing this all out, but we are similar age and I suppose telling you my plan helps in some way or maybe gives you some ideas.
>>
File: 13436474.jpg (97KB, 759x1092px) Image search: [Google]
13436474.jpg
97KB, 759x1092px
>>17721765
Learn what you're good for and get paid mad bucks for it.
Do what you love as a side thing/hobby or it may become the thing you hate.
>>
You know all those adults you've encountered that have given you "I didn't know what I wanted to do until I was 26!" stories?
Yeah.
They're right.
Almost always.
My last boss, a project manager for banking software, has a degree in animal sciences. He never once thought he'd prefer what he does now over what he studied.

Here's a key piece of advice a cousin gave me: Education isn't going anywhere. If you take a year off now or later, it doesn't matter. It doesn't make university evaporate. We're conditioned to think we need to automatically already have our career figured out but there's 0 harm in changing your degree several times or even not studying for a few years.

I'm 23 and I'm only just now back in uni, slated to graduate in fall 2018 thanks to hammering summer classes. I dropped out at 19 and worked for 4 years until I bumbled into a software QA job that showed me I had a serious knack and love for programming.

Study whatever you like, and if you don't know then try random classes. Things you've never tried before. You have no idea what you might end up liking, even if it sounds stupid.
>>
>>17721773
Yea. In may I have an exam that defines what universities I'll be able to study on. I'm writing it from biology and chemistry, so I can pursue studies only in connected fields. The problem is- I don't find any of those interesing.
>>
You don't need a passionate goal to be driven in life. Everyone still has their idea of what a comfortable life is and if you want that life then you still have a goal, doesn't have to be passion driven.
>>
>>17721883
I don't have such an idea. Told you I'm big time fucked.
>>
I'm in the same boat too. 18 and have had no fucking clue what to do with my life for my entire life. The idea of college scares me.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.