[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey y'all, I need some work advice, in a bit of a shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: bullshit.png (15KB, 306x165px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.png
15KB, 306x165px
Hey y'all, I need some work advice, in a bit of a shitty situation.

I requested the twenty-seventh through the first off, I have plenty of vacation time and have been having a great one so far, only I was hanging out with a friend and coworker today and asked if they had a picture of this weeks schedule

I looked at it and found out they scheduled me to work tomorrow, but management didn't even tell me before I took off on vacation. I should still have two days left and no one would have notified me that I had to work tomorrow. They still gave me the first off but ????

What should I do? I took the time off to go to a con and have to drive a friend home tomorrow (It's a three hour drive) Do I pretend I didn't see that and wait for work to get a hold of me or do I call in saying "HEY I saw you guys didn't give me this day off and didn't make any effort to notify me. I have other responsibilities today."

My friend said I should wait for them to get a hold of me and act stupid. Any advice for this situation? It's pretty bullshit that they approved my whole vacation except one day and then didn't even tell me.
>>
Also worth mentioning, I requested these days off months in advance.
>>
I'm thinking if I call in it at least gives them time to prepare but they might be say something like "If you knew then why didn't you prepare to work?"
>>
>>17721690
>"HEY I saw you guys didn't give me this day off and didn't make any effort to notify me. I have other responsibilities today."
I'd say this, judging by the context you've probided. If you wait for them and act stupid, they'll think you're just that and your job will probably be even more at risk.

It's worth asking though, what is your job? Are you a good employee (be honest)? Did you actually speak to your manager about the days off, or just punch it in the calendar online? How much do you need this job?
>>
>>17721690
Facts Of Life:

As far as your employers are concerned, you exist solely for their benefit, to help them make money.

Anything they give you, from pay to perks to saying Hello in the morning, is a price they pay to get profit out of you.

So, for example, while they may have committed themselves to a certain number of vacation days (for the reasons above), WHEN you get them is entirely THEIR choice, determined by THEIR convenience and THEIR needs.

Like it or not, that's how life works. Live with it or quit.
>>
>>17721724
I'm a great employee. I work retail in a general goods store and work numerous departments, the registers and the customer service desk. Been doing it for over two years now.
A good portion of my coworkers are slackers. I'm always early to work, I know what I'm doing and I hardly ever call in. I had been telling EVERYONE for the last month what my vacation plans are and that I should have Halloween off. Including my boss who I thought I had a great relationship with.

OH and I am looking for a new job. I had a job interview this last Thursday and was told I should hear back from them this upcoming week, so I hope that goes well.
>>
>>17721963
Would have been nice if they told me instead of letting me believe my whole vacation is approved. My other coworker requested the day off and they said to his face that he wouldn't get it.

But since you mentioned quitting, I have been in the process of getting a new job.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.