[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try my hardest to just be myself without overthinking it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1463195845984.jpg (43KB, 720x710px) Image search: [Google]
1463195845984.jpg
43KB, 720x710px
>try my hardest to just be myself without overthinking it and just be a good boyfriend

>girl loses interests and leaves six months in
>this has happened three times now on the dot

What do? I'm having trouble keeping my self confidence up if I've lost this many girls I cared for.
>>
You probably still have a ways to go, based off of the way you talk about it as if you were trying to convince them that you were a good guy that they would want.

I mean what makes you think that you "lost" them as opposed to them just leaving you? I realize that it probably looks like the same thing, but there's a subtle difference - the former implies that it's your fault, whereas the latter is what you'd say if you thought that there must have been some kind of compatibility issue.

I'm not saying that you should just kick back and not put any effort at all into your relationships, but my guess is that you're still behaving as if you're not good enough to keep the girl. You gotta really believe that you guys are actually a good couple and that SHE is lucky to have YOU in her life as well.

Otherwise it's just going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy and your true thoughts and beliefs will come through in your speech/actions (like just now).
>>
>>17721496
If 3 girls have all bailed on you in such a relatively short time, it sounds to me like you're picking some shitty girls.

I'm sure you play a role in it as well. No one here is going to be able to tell you what you're doing wrong, because none of us have been present for every single one of your relationships.

The only thing you can do is closely examine all 3 girls and all 3 relationships, identify where things were bad, when they started to get worse, and pinpoint why that was happening. That will start to give you an idea as to what all of you did wrong.
>>
Hell, maybe you need to give the relationships a break and just work on yourself until you're more confident about what your own values are.
>>
>>17721517
This. Keep in mind the people you're dating are fully conscious independent sentient beings who make their own decisions, and there's nothing you can do to influence them either way. Keep doing you and someday you'll find someone who feels like they wanna stick around. It'll probably happen if the relationship happens without you realizing it. Initiating something by asking straight out "wanna start dating" or "wanna be my girlfriend" will always end shortly and weirdly. This isn't a videogame.
>>
>>17721522
I don't feel like I have enough of a self to honestly judge, and I feel that although it sounds silly 21 is really too late for that. That's stuff you figure out in middle school.
>>
File: 1346728268589.png (22KB, 162x200px) Image search: [Google]
1346728268589.png
22KB, 162x200px
I hate to repurpose my thread, but at the same time I think it does serve the same purpose.

My problem is is that I just can't make my mind up on whether or not I can stand other people. Normally I absolutely despise having small talk with people unless its for a career or some kind of personal thing, unless it's a friend of mine, in which case I do like to make them laugh. Constantly.

I just never, EVER want to talk with random people so meeting new girls is really hard: the last three were both young and a little mentally unstable (for some reason the ones I like always end up being a little off, which is probably why I was attracted to them in the first place)

I know it bums out a lot of people that date me, but I can't help being who I am. I tried in high school and I just pretty much snapped in two mentally, I couldn't be the "SUPER COOL GUY" when I was getting nothing out of it, and since then I've just been much less wanting to spend time with people.

I don't know if there's any hope for me really. I know how society and humans in general are so social based, sometimes I don't feel like a "proper" human being myself. I'm in kind of a perpetual state of disappointment.

Don't know what to do. I don't have many things I'm proud of in my life, and that doesn't seem to be changing soon.
>>
Bumpus
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.