[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do monasteries have some kind of requirements for entrance? Like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (56KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 600x446px
Do monasteries have some kind of requirements for entrance? Like a background check or something? Can anyone just walk in and say he wants to become a monk?
>>
>>17720898
Identify which religion/type of monk you want to be. Use Google to learn about the process monks of that denomination go through to become monks.

You're going to look like a big retard if you just show up at a monastery and ask how to be a monk.
>>
>>17720918
I'm white and have zero interest in learning another language so I've settled to christian. I'm trying to google that shit right now, I just thought at least one of y'all might have something useful to say, even if you don't.
>>
>>17720929

except for how he did.
>>
>>17720929
>have zero interest in learning another language

Well that's not going to work. If you want to be a religious figure, stick to one of the roles within Christianity, so you don't have a language barrier.

Pro tip: you'll have to go to college, whether you want to be a minister, reverend, priest, etc.
>>
>>17720932
This may come to you as a shock, but 87 times out of 88, stating the most obvious first step, such as "you should google that" is not a worthwhile contribution to anything at all.
>>
>>17720937
Am I required to be a minister, reverend, etc. to become a monk?
>>
>>17720941

100 times out of 100, if you are asking a question on the Internet, you can get an answer to that question by using Google, instead of asking retarded questions on 4chan because you gave zero details other than "how do I become thing lol"
>>
>>17720945
That depends on what. the. fuck. kind. of. monk. do. you. want. to. be?

Jesus Christ, this isn't hard. You haven't even determined which kind? There are numerous sects.
>>
>>17720950
I was babtized protestant but I left church at 18 because I didn't give a shit, didn't want to pay church taxes, as I won't be having a church wedding nor funeral.

So at the moment I'm just trying to find whatever will settle for me. I'm fluent in english, speak passable swedish and understand idiot basics of french so geographically the area would be northern europe, which I suppose will mean either catholic or orthodox. Lutheran monasteries, of what I've so-far gathered, are a fucking joke.
>>
>>17720967
How much have you thought this through?

Are you really seriously ready to completely give up on sex and drugs and all that jazz?
>>
>>17720929
>I'm white and have zero interest in learning another language so I've settled to christian.
If you go with Catholicism you'll still have to learn another language, what wih them being big on Latin and all. It's not so easy to find monasteries of other Christian denominations.

>>17720967
>I won't be having a church wedding nor funeral
You'll be having a church funeral, anyway. That's part of what becoming a monk means.
>>
Christian? Lol. Go Buddhist or go home.
>>
>>17720898
Are you the jackass that wanted to be a priest because you can't find any work?

Monk isn't a career, it's a life choice.
>>
>>17720967
You sound like you haven't really thought this through. That said, Trappists sound like the coolest of all the monks, brewing delicious beer.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trappists
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.